Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get this!!!!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Get this!!!!!!!

Many moons ago a young and actually quite pleasant young man worked for me, but had to leave for health reasons.

About a year later i heard the shocking news that he had been sent down for 30 years for killing two policemen, Wow glad i side stepped getting involved in that young mans future.

I next heard that he (his family) had paid for his release, basically on paper he is still serving his 30 year sentence, but the reality is he is walking the streets...but that is not the worst of it!!

Anyway this young man turned up on my doorstep last week asking me if there was anyway he could work for us again, to which i made up some excuse and made an excuse to have to get back to work, nice seeing him again blah blah blah.

The funny thing is he showed me a good conduct report that he had just obtained from the police station!!!!!! and had a gun in his pocket!!!!!!!

I would like to say just for the record that i dont socialize with criminals, but when working with youngsters here they can quite regulary shock the pants off you!!

What is this country coming too!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Only in the DR!!!!!!!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

And we know, don't we, that sooner or later the relatives of the 2 dead policemen will come after him, perhaps understandably since his 30 year sentence meant nothing, he will fire back and an innocent and totally unconnected person will get killed in the crossfire.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

That kind of thing worries me, not only as I see so many men walking down the street with guns slung out the denim pocket, but I also see so many men drunk and arguing quite seriously as the norm. Being as heated as it gets during arguements sometimes I am not shocked by the statistics of people serving time for murder, 27% was it? that is high by any standards, anywhere.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No Justice Here

The phrase "to get away with murder" must have been coined here...

donP

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    And we know, don't we, that sooner or later the relatives of the 2 dead policemen will come after him, perhaps understandably since his 30 year sentence meant nothing, he will fire back and an innocent and totally unconnected person will get killed in the crossfire.
    Thats what i was just wondering. Did the families get paid off also and if so what was the price they put on the heads of their loved ones? Stories like this about life in the DR seem to shock me less these days.

Laurajane, this one could have been a disaster for you if you were not informed. I hope you make your employees sign a no fraternization with the tourist contract to cover your a$$. I am sure it is hard enough running the type of business you do in the DR without having to worry about the actions of your employees after the show is over.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that the Chief of Police, the Attorney General and the cardinal should all be made aware of this travesty of justice. Just tell them what you just told us, but use his name and the cedula number you have on file..and tell them where tolocate him and tell them that is is carrying a weapon...

Hb

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

These things wouldn't be possible if this country had a real press.
    Apparently, the foundations of corruption is lack of civil courage.

... J-D.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I think that the Chief of Police, the Attorney General and the cardinal should all be made aware of this travesty of justice. Just tell them what you just told us, but use his name and the cedula number you have on file..and tell them where tolocate him and tell them that is is carrying a weapon...

Hb
    HB, can LauraJane be absolutely certain that if she does this, no retaliation will come her way? She'd probably be OK with the Cardinal but......get my drift? If she contacts the offices of Chief of Police & AG, how does she know for sure that someone from those offices wasn't also complicit in the 'deal' or that the message taker has loose lips or a whole host of other possibles?

My questions aren't based on paranoia but on a firm belief in preserving one's own skin at all costs and not allowing oneself to be set up in a way that can be taken advantage of. Now if LauraJane already has connections with those offices, she can use those but if she hasn't....... maybe someone with good connections in those departments or with the press could help her?

Put it this way, if I was in her shoes I wouldn't be doing this myself. I would tell our Hon British Consul up here, who used to be in the police himself & knows people, and I would let him pass it on where he thought appropriate. Bear in mind, of course that my viewpoint is heavily influenced by the location in which I live and knowledge about law enforcement authorities in that area.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

One question Laurajane, how are you 110% positive he was convicted to 30 years for murdering 2 cops?? As you told us, you HEARD he was sentenced to 30 years, how can you be sure of that?? Not doubting you but is best to be sure before passing judgement...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast