Get this!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Many moons ago a young and actually quite pleasant young man worked for me, but had to leave for health reasons.

About a year later i heard the shocking news that he had been sent down for 30 years for killing two policemen, Wow glad i side stepped getting involved in that young mans future.

I next heard that he (his family) had paid for his release, basically on paper he is still serving his 30 year sentence, but the reality is he is walking the streets...but that is not the worst of it!!

Anyway this young man turned up on my doorstep last week asking me if there was anyway he could work for us again, to which i made up some excuse and made an excuse to have to get back to work, nice seeing him again blah blah blah.

The funny thing is he showed me a good conduct report that he had just obtained from the police station!!!!!! and had a gun in his pocket!!!!!!!

I would like to say just for the record that i dont socialize with criminals, but when working with youngsters here they can quite regulary shock the pants off you!!

What is this country coming too!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Reactions: rio2003

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
And we know, don't we, that sooner or later the relatives of the 2 dead policemen will come after him, perhaps understandably since his 30 year sentence meant nothing, he will fire back and an innocent and totally unconnected person will get killed in the crossfire.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
That kind of thing worries me, not only as I see so many men walking down the street with guns slung out the denim pocket, but I also see so many men drunk and arguing quite seriously as the norm. Being as heated as it gets during arguements sometimes I am not shocked by the statistics of people serving time for murder, 27% was it? that is high by any standards, anywhere.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Justice Here

The phrase "to get away with murder" must have been coined here... :tired:

donP

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
And we know, don't we, that sooner or later the relatives of the 2 dead policemen will come after him, perhaps understandably since his 30 year sentence meant nothing, he will fire back and an innocent and totally unconnected person will get killed in the crossfire.

Thats what i was just wondering. Did the families get paid off also and if so what was the price they put on the heads of their loved ones? Stories like this about life in the DR seem to shock me less these days.

Laurajane, this one could have been a disaster for you if you were not informed. I hope you make your employees sign a no fraternization with the tourist contract to cover your a$$. I am sure it is hard enough running the type of business you do in the DR without having to worry about the actions of your employees after the show is over.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think that the Chief of Police, the Attorney General and the cardinal should all be made aware of this travesty of justice. Just tell them what you just told us, but use his name and the cedula number you have on file..and tell them where tolocate him and tell them that is is carrying a weapon...

Hb

Reactions: J D Sauser

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I think that the Chief of Police, the Attorney General and the cardinal should all be made aware of this travesty of justice. Just tell them what you just told us, but use his name and the cedula number you have on file..and tell them where tolocate him and tell them that is is carrying a weapon...

Hb

HB, can LauraJane be absolutely certain that if she does this, no retaliation will come her way? She'd probably be OK with the Cardinal but......get my drift? If she contacts the offices of Chief of Police & AG, how does she know for sure that someone from those offices wasn't also complicit in the 'deal' or that the message taker has loose lips or a whole host of other possibles?

My questions aren't based on paranoia but on a firm belief in preserving one's own skin at all costs and not allowing oneself to be set up in a way that can be taken advantage of. Now if LauraJane already has connections with those offices, she can use those but if she hasn't....... maybe someone with good connections in those departments or with the press could help her?

Put it this way, if I was in her shoes I wouldn't be doing this myself. I would tell our Hon British Consul up here, who used to be in the police himself & knows people, and I would let him pass it on where he thought appropriate. Bear in mind, of course that my viewpoint is heavily influenced by the location in which I live and knowledge about law enforcement authorities in that area.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
One question Laurajane, how are you 110% positive he was convicted to 30 years for murdering 2 cops?? As you told us, you HEARD he was sentenced to 30 years, how can you be sure of that?? Not doubting you but is best to be sure before passing judgement...

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Contact the Police Internal Affairs guy who is a member here, I can't remember his name at the moment.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Don't you guys think there is a reason this guy is walking out in the streets and nobody that knows his story has informed the police of his whereabouts?? I'm sorry but I haven't seen a 30-year convict walking down the streets in the DR as free as they could and even asking for jobs. There's corruption but stuff like that won't pass by so easily by "paying up". There's something more in this story, not saying the OP is hiding something, but there could stuff that she doesn't know about.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Don't you guys think there is a reason this guy is walking out in the streets and nobody that knows his story has informed the police of his whereabouts?? I'm sorry but I haven't seen a 30-year convict walking down the streets in the DR as free as they could and even asking for jobs. There's corruption but stuff like that won't pass by so easily by "paying up". There's something more in this story, not saying the OP is hiding something, but there could stuff that she doesn't know about.

If there is more to this story, I certainly dont know about it and to be honest i dont want to know. I am staying out of it, maybe doing the right thing would be to inform someone, but i have a family to think about and if there is any chance it could come back on me there is no way i am being a grass. When he was here i was perfectly polite and said when we have an oppurtunity for him i will give him a call blah blah blah.

As for "Paying up" not being an easy way to get out of prison and bearing in mind that i am in no way an expert, Money seems to be the only reason anything gets done in this country and most would agree that money talks and there wouldnt need to be any other factors involved. This is not the first story i have heard where convicts have paid to get out and i doubt it will be the last.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
My point of the story was that a convicted killer can turn up at your business or place of work with a Good conduct report?!?!?!?!?!?

I realize the bigger issue is people paying for their freedom, but im not about to interfere.

When the police give a good conduct report, what do they do??

Just issue one???

Is there any kind of internal database that lists all people with a record, because it doesnt seem so. I remember years ago when my partner needed one, no computer system was involved that i remember. A piece of paper was signed and stamped and that was it!!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
My point of the story was that a convicted killer can turn up at your business or place of work with a Good conduct report?!?!?!?!?!?

I realize the bigger issue is people paying for their freedom, but im not about to interfere.

When the police give a good conduct report, what do they do??

Just issue one???

Is there any kind of internal database that lists all people with a record, because it doesnt seem so. I remember years ago when my partner needed one, no computer system was involved that i remember. A piece of paper was signed and stamped and that was it!!

One thing you are definitely right about, money talks, bull**** walks.
Actually, nothing you have stated surprises me.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Many moons ago a young and actually quite pleasant young man worked for me, but had to leave for health reasons.

About a year later i heard the shocking news that he had been sent down for 30 years for killing two policemen, Wow glad i side stepped getting involved in that young mans future.

I next heard that he (his family) had paid for his release, basically on paper he is still serving his 30 year sentence, but the reality is he is walking the streets...but that is not the worst of it!!

Anyway this young man turned up on my doorstep last week asking me if there was anyway he could work for us again, to which i made up some excuse and made an excuse to have to get back to work, nice seeing him again blah blah blah.

The funny thing is he showed me a good conduct report that he had just obtained from the police station!!!!!! and had a gun in his pocket!!!!!!!

I would like to say just for the record that i dont socialize with criminals, but when working with youngsters here they can quite regulary shock the pants off you!!

What is this country coming too!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm sorry but I don't believe this story....The guy killed to policemen and he still alive?
No way....
A otro perro con ese hueso!

JJ

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
I'm sorry but I don't believe this story....The guy killed to policemen and he still alive?
No way....
A otro perro con ese hueso!

JJ

Yes also very surprised, but just telling what i know. But even if for example he was involved in anyway and sentenced for any part in this crime, how can he obtain a good conduct report??????

I think my point is being lost and i get why and how, but is it not worrying to think anyone you work with or employ can be a serious convicted felon!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.