I know you guys are sick of hearing this.

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
I've been working at a crappy call center for the last year and 8 months . I am experienced as a legal secretary, which is what I'm most proud of since I am extremely proactive and efficient and I do enjoy it, I've worked everywhere and back around. I am highly qualified to do the job of any illiterate supervisor whos mere qualification is kissing ass and F*kn a boss.

I am asking for your help. not your advice.

I am sure many of you here have connections or a business and are capable of putting in a good word or offering me something.

I am not going to sell my ass

but I need to make money and I need a job that is competitive and a job that is an ACTUAL job .....

I apologize if I sound angry but I am very upset of the way I am being treated here, especially that I'm being taken advantage of.......

thanks in advance....

please I dont need any ignorant replies :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I wish you the best of luck because I'm looking for work too but unfortunately things are really bad here.

I only have one bit of advice and that would be advertise your positive attributes whenever you are looking for a new job as anyhting negative will definitely work against you. You might think that none of your prospective employers might be reading DR1 but don't be to sure about that.

In the same vein, when you do interview and they ask you why you left, please don't tell them because you don't kiss arse :), tell them you are looking at advancing your career.

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
Lol thanks I dont say that I dont kiss ass... i try not to

adrian why would u post the aldaba site when i posted my code for aldaba!!!?...

didnt think the post would do anything... just needed to vent i guess

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Lol thanks I dont say that I dont kiss ass... i try not to

adrian why would u post the aldaba site when i posted my code for aldaba!!!?...

didnt think the post would do anything... just needed to vent i guess

He was probably not able to read through your entire post, but decided to be helpful nonetheless. :cheeky:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm happy to delete the identifying details in the OP, if she gives me the go-ahead.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
How is your Spanish? YOu could be useful to a large legal office like Pellerano or Pina Acevedo or one of those. Or to a major insurance company like Franco-Acra. That is where your skill set can be put to use.

HB

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
My spanish is good, from what I've been told w/out a degree I am nothing so they will not even look my way even with experience. I havent been able to afford that here with the baby and low income

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
it would be so awesome if we would all meet up in sum random awkward place to see a bunch of gringos like at a bar at la venezuela.... imagine that.. awesome! llol

my parents are dominican but im white so i can b easily confused lol

anywho!!

post ur job offers guys cmon!!!

Mar 1, 2009
Don't give up something will pop up!
Aside from the time involved, a degree is close to $3000-$4000USD a licenciatura, correct? That question arises from my own curiousity, sorry for hijacking the thread. :O

Also when I ask people what they do, many without degree's tell me they are: Todologo's...:)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I know someone that has an opening for an assistant at a small shipping company in the Colonial Zone.

You need to speak English and moderate Spanish.
Mainly dealing with American clients handling all their shipping needs etc.
It's a busy office and I'm sure you will not be twiddling your thumbs :)

Send Peter Kennedy an email, he's a good guy.

Email: peterfkennedy @ yahoo.com

Last edited:

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
I know someone that has an opening for an assistant at a small shipping company in the Colonial Zone.

You need to speak English and moderate Spanish.
Mainly dealing with American clients handling all their shipping needs etc.
It's a busy office and I'm sure you will not be twiddling your thumbs :)

Send Peter Kennedy an email, he's a good guy.

Email: peterkennedy @ yahoo.com

that email is no good babe

;)

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
lmao im not an idiot cmon
i even tried adding a . or - between the names peter & kennedy and that didnt work either

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Anyway.....................................did I hear you say you have skills as a legal secretary? US skills or DR skills? I mean, in the US legal system or the RD legal system? I may have an avenue for you to pursue. Let me tickle some toes and see whats what? Where did you go to school? Please tell me you went to business college or something? Mildred Elley? Stratton? College of New Rochelle? And how long have you had these legal secretarial skills?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Albin has a company looking for Sales Associates/Telemarketers I think but I have forgotten his DR1 name. Maybe somebody here knows it, but his name is Albin Ortiz and I think you can work full or part time in your own home with fast Internet and phone connection. Look him up for details.
SHALENA