Gps dr

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I have no idea, but claro makes a big deal of offering the blackberry bold 9700 with gps.. and when i opened the maps I got a nice beige outline of haiti and the DR... and the message that no details were available.... whahahahahahaha

luckily enough, I had expected nothing more...:bunny:

DRinvestor785

Dec 13, 2009
Satellites

Funny! Mine won't even give me the basic map, it just states "searching for satellites" and No Data.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
It says that it is compatible with any Garmin GPS device. As the prices of these units have come down so much in Europe and the States, I think I just might buy one and let you know!

You know it's always handy to have an excuse to buy toys!!!

s4dlite

Apr 11, 2010
i overheard someone today saying that they were doing work with orange for the gps ordeal. can't tell you any details but that was said for sure! so it's gotta be out there or in the plans.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
It says that it is compatible with any Garmin GPS device. As the prices of these units have come down so much in Europe and the States, I think I just might buy one and let you know!

I wonder if it would work on PPC running garmin. Can two or more people share one map purchase?

Tru-life

Feb 15, 2010

Looking forward to it;)

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
Husband is at work right now and I do NOT know too much ... but I DO know that he has a Garmin GPS with the Haiti/DR maps and uses it regularly in Santiago as well as going to PP, Sosua & Cabarete. No idea what all is on there as I myself have never used it.
I will try to remember to get him to look at this when he is home!

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
Here is husband, My father in law brought over during his christmas visit a garmin nuvi. Worked good but map for here did not work. I bought the above maps and installed them and WOW street level for both Santiago and Santo Domingo and the highways in between, I got the first update and with all the people going into Haite it now has street level for Port au Prince. IS worth every penny!

Tru-life

Feb 15, 2010
Here is husband, My father in law brought over during his christmas visit a garmin nuvi. Worked good but map for here did not work. I bought the above maps and installed them and WOW street level for both Santiago and Santo Domingo and the highways in between, I got the first update and with all the people going into Haite it now has street level for Port au Prince. IS worth every penny!

Thats great. You almost sound like a comercial for the product ;)