Guagua going past Cofresi

smilely_lm

Oct 19, 2009
I know that the C "bus" starts and ends at Cofresi, but how do you travel from the Riu's to Cofresi? We have friends that live there, and we plan to go in quite a bit... Thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there are carros publicos that go from maimon/imbert/navarette to POP and they all pass cofresi.
i do not know the prices thou...

canuk8068

Sep 15, 2008
We used the gwagwa exclusively when we were in Sosua. Our experience was that if you stopped the gwagwa and simply said where you wanted to go, the conductor would tell you to come onboard or tell you where you should go. Make sure you confirm the price as we did have one bad experience with the cost even though I knew better. There is a central gwagwa transfer area that the gwagwa all seem to meet at for transfer. The worst that could happen is you get to tour downtown Puerto Plata. The cost from Sosua to Puerto Plata was around 30 pesos.

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
If you are staying at any of the RIU's you will have to walk out to the main road as all they will have at the hotel entrance will be private taxi's that will cost a arm and a leg. The walk should be about 7 to 10 min and is not hard. When you come to the main street you will have to cross as you need to be going in the direction toward PP. Since you will be at a main junction the guagua will stop if he has room just raise your hand as they come. If your lucky a javilla(sp) tour bus will come to it dosnt matter which you take you will only be on for about 10 min if even that. If your spanish is a little off just say Ocean World and they will drop you at the top of Ocean World by a Huge Sign. You will then have to cross the street and hump it down or catch a motoconcho to take you in. Price guagua 20 pesos they might try to get 50 out of you. Motoconcho 15 pesos dont ask just give..

smilely_lm

Oct 19, 2009
Thanks everyone for your replys. We used to stay in Cofresi, so know what the walk is like from the main road. Don't mind the walk in, its the walk out that kind of blows...;)

ACDC

Feb 10, 2014
I'm in Cofresi now, loving it!! had a goal when i arrived to trek to the top of the hill and back twice --every single day. yeah ---it's happened 3 times since i've been here in 30 days. no bueno. any pointers to share about this neighborhood, Smiley_lm? aC