bringing over used portable color TV

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Hi- I leave for the DR in May- and since we all changed over in the US to a new TV signal, I have a small analog portable color TV I no longer use. What is the best way to bring to the DR-? I am sure the family I know or another close bywould be happy with it,, but I don't want to risk it being broken it in luggage in the airplane belly or come up against a problem with customs....can I bring inside the plane, do you know? Or how to pack???And is it even worth the effort-?are TVs cheap there?Old ones I mean , not the flatscreens. I mean- I don;t mind paying a bit more for an extra case if it's worth the effort...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Be aware that they will charge you for that apparatus as if it were new.
You would be better off getting together a barrel of stuff and sending it down. You get more bang for the buck. It is door to door with no hassles.

HB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hi- I leave for the DR in May- and since we all changed over in the US to a new TV signal, I have a small analog portable color TV I no longer use. What is the best way to bring to the DR-? I am sure the family I know or another close bywould be happy with it,, but I don't want to risk it being broken it in luggage in the airplane belly or come up against a problem with customs....can I bring inside the plane, do you know? Or how to pack???And is it even worth the effort-?are TVs cheap there?Old ones I mean , not the flatscreens. I mean- I don;t mind paying a bit more for an extra case if it's worth the effort...

You mine as well just splurge and buy your second family a nice new 32" Samsung, they may look at you funny if you give them a used tube TV, you should be able to grab one for under a G in Santo Domingo. Make sure you give them the receipt, so they are able to get the full value back!;)

Reactions: Bronxboy

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
a bit off topic but

just bought a hi def plasma 42" icluding a nice glass top table to set it on. $700 USD inc. taxes of 6%. Its nice here in Fla. but I miss the DR. Barrel is deficnitely the way to go.