Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATM problem again...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ATM problem again...

okay, didn't bother to mention it the first time but it has happened again today that we tried to withdraw money from the ATM and the 'transaction couldn't be completed' but, within seconds it showed on our UK bank account that the money was no longer available.....

is this a DR problem or a UK one?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

we are having atm problems, but in our case we always get the message "insufficient funds in your account" while there are plenty... (been going on now for 3 days)

Peter

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

What bank? Happened to me once at Banco Popular. I called my bank immediately and faxed a written copy of what I experienced and ATM receipts. My bank did an "investigation," credited my account with a temporary credit pending investigation results, and that was it. Never heard any more. My assumption was that it was a mistake at the Banco Popular ATM and when an audit was done on the machine, my credit stood.

Good luck, Whirleybird. I recommend following through first with your bank as I did.

Lindsey

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

wow! cant believe this is happening all over again! Good luck Whirleybird, like others have said in the past just follow up because thats terrible to have to go through and then find out later your funds are no longer there....wonder why this keeps happening.
    Anyone else encounter this specific to a bank? i notice lots of problems with Popular but it has happened at others as well....
    good luck to all

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Its better to enter the bank once, twice a month and get your money.

These ATMs is a frustrating gamble every time.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Happened to me at Banco Del Progresso. And the folks in the bank said there was nothing they could do. I called my home bank immediately and they did credit me the money. I agree...go inside your bank and do a cash advance, it is much more secure and safe.... that is in my opinion.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

so you go into any bank with your, in my case Belgian, maestro/ATM card and ask for money there?

If that is possible what is the limit and what are the costs? This could really solve my problems.

Thanks,

Peter

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I had that problem in February at Banco Popular, Progreso y Scotiabank. I called my bank Chase Manhattan, collect in Texas and they told me it is a software problem with the Dominican banks. The local banks are using an outdated program so the banks cannot interface in order to allow you to withdraw money.
    I got around it by going to Asocacion de Ahorros y Prestas de Cibao. THe card works fine in their atm but the drawback is I didnt get charge any ATM fees at Banco Popular and I do at Cibao. But let me tell you I was flustered that day. It was a Friday night and I was trying to withdraw money for a date. And there I was having to run around to 7 banks trying to take out $.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    I had that problem in February at Banco Popular, Progreso y Scotiabank.
    Oh noes! On the rare occasions that I withdraw cash from my UK a/c I use Scotiabank, because I thought it was one bank that I never saw represented in these threads...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    I had that problem in February at Banco Popular, Progreso y Scotiabank. I called my bank Chase Manhattan, collect in Texas and they told me it is a software problem with the Dominican banks. The local banks are using an outdated program so the banks cannot interface in order to allow you to withdraw money.
    I got around it by going to Asocacion de Ahorros y Prestas de Cibao. THe card works fine in their atm but the drawback is I didnt get charge any ATM fees at Banco Popular and I do at Cibao. But let me tell you I was flustered that day. It was a Friday night and I was trying to withdraw money for a date. And there I was having to run around to 7 banks trying to take out $.
    any of those in La Vega or Santiago?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast