I want to rob a DR bank, but...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
first they will make you stand in line for half an hour, and when it is finally your turn an pregnant lady will turn up out of nowhere, and you will be told to wait while they wait on her (no probs with that... except at this point her hubbie will turn up who was happily jugging a presidente in front of the bank, and will do all the business)..

then they will probably ask me for 3 referencias, una referencia from my bank in my home-country, a copy of my passport, and if I would be waving a gun around... the licence for the gun...

If these conditions are met they will probably open the safe, count the money 4 times manually, and the first time they will remove the old banknotes... Then they will proceed to put the money into one of those machines that count them efficiently and flawlessly... after which they will distrust this machine and count manually once again...

The next step would be to count the money in front of my face once again, as if I would not have followed the counting already...

By this time my get-away-car and driver would have gotten bored and driven away... and I would have to flag down a moto-concho...:bunny::bunny:

In Europe or the US you can tell your wife, you're running into town and hop into the bank to pay something... if you do so here it is an all-day event...

In case some of you would be so naive and are ready to call the cops... I'm just joking, and venting my frustration why paying a simple bill or doing a simple deposit takes so long here...:squareeye

Reactions: Frank the Tank

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
And a couple of weeks ago the teller called me at home and said she had given me too much money (a transaction involving Euros and Dollars and Pesos) and could I please return to the bank as soon as possible and give her the money back!!!

Which of course I did

matilda

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
get online banking working at banco popular and all your banking troubles will be solved. it took me 6 months and quite a bit of effort but i now love my DR banking!

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
First thing one Monday morning, a robber broke into the bank, and pointed his guns at the cashier said,

'Give me all your money, or you'll be GEOGRAPHY!'

The cashier laughed and said, 'You mean to say 'HISTORY.'

The robber answered, 'Don't change the subject.'

Now seriously; don't forget to write the "give me all the money" note in Spanish.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Re

get online banking working at banco popular and all your banking troubles will be solved. it took me 6 months and quite a bit of effort but i now love my DR banking!

I also pay all my bills via online banking at Popular. The only one I still have not been able to pay online is the Edesur bill.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I also pay all my bills via online banking at Popular. The only one I still have not been able to pay online is the Edesur bill.

to pay edesur you get a credit card at banco popular and then pay edesur online using their system. thats the only one which is moderately tricky.

i've been able to pay all my dr bills while travelling in china!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
With a local credit card and on online banking at Popular, you can pretty much pay everything online. As Adrian said, it's a great solution for those that travel or do not live here full time.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
With a local credit card and on online banking at Popular, you can pretty much pay everything online. As Adrian said, it's a great solution for those that travel or do not live here full time.

yeah, i need to give the credit for this to robert; he was the one who turned me onto this and showed the way.. i was pretty stuck until i got this working, i used to have my maids paying bills for me, which caused stress every month for various reasons.

now its easy and i do it all myself.