No Entry: Black - CONFIRMED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2007
So I am in Santo Domingo, talking with my female friend on where to go tonight to have some fun, and the talk comes around to Napolitano and their club MINT.

Surprise, surprise!!! TJ?s story is without no doubr, and now it?s confirmed.

She tells me that some time ago she went with some friends that were visiting from St. Maarten, and they went to MINT in Napolitano. The hotel was apparently bought by some Italian guy recently, according to her recount.

When they came in to Napolitano, she (Dominican) and the other people (St. Maarteners) tried to get in. She is India, one of her friends was white and one was black. The black guy got the - surprise, surpsie !!! PRIVATE PARTY DRILL!!! He was not let in. I also was told by my friend that her friends told her that the club does not let in black people or anybody with dark(er) skin color.

I also asked, just in case, how they were dressed (to take into account some dress wannabe-arguments from some DR1 posters on this issue) and she told me that everybody was dressed well, and the black guy was impeccably dressed with a suit jacket, shirt and dress shoes.

So my friends, it?s confirmed, MINT is a racist venue!!! I am am certainly avoiding it tonight!

P.S. Tomorrow I will post my OBSERVE and REPORT on the Miss Dominicana Chicas I had a chance to observe from very close this morning!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
sorry still waiting for TJ to get back with us after talking to the Hotel manager! Until then its all hearsay. From your account you have witnessed nothing yourself.

I live close and see dark people enter all the time.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
sorry still waiting for TJ to get back with us after talking to the Hotel manager! Until then its all hearsay. From your account you have witnessed nothing yourself.

I live close and see dark people enter all the time.
Rubio has massive credibility to me...

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Lets pool together $6 and buy some combustible to burn that place down!

hahaha!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
While I totally understand an establishment keeping "chopos" out of the venue, I completely don't understand la necedad of bouncing every well groomed, nice dressed dark skinned person. It only brings them trouble and bad publicity to the place.

They should just stick to bouncing people not well dressed (and by that I don't mean oversized shirts and faded down pants) and night-life would've be easier in the DR.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have been to Mint a few times and seen plenty of dark skinned people.

The doorman didn't like the guy TJ was with, could have been the skin color, could have been his corn rolls, maybe both.

We are never going to know 100%, so know point in digging this up again.
When TJ has had a chat with the manager, then we will post an update.

Praia wouldn't let Pedro Martinez in the place because they didn't like the way he looked a few years back. You ain't never going to see a baseball player on the committee of the Santo Domingo country club. I could go on and on about the discrimination (most of it class based) that goes on daily here, blatant is your face stuff. Mint doesn't have the exclusive deal on this.

Closed until further notice...

Status
Not open for further replies.