Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For DR1'ers that want to lose weight, live longer...

, save money, purge stress and not have to face awful DR traffic -

...try the workout routine P90X. You can get set up here in the DR for about US170(for the weights and a chinup bar) if you are willing to do a little web searching for the routines. It cost more if you buy the dvd's.

I'll be 45 in a couple of months and since I left Gold's gym in Novemebr I've lost over an inch on my waist and more than 5 pounds.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thank you for the tip. My weight is 220libra- so its time to to something about the "problem".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea my friend told me about that. I m up to 230 and I wanna get back to my svelte days of 190-199. And I gotta try something besides changing my diet

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

P90X is an incredible workout. I was sore in muscles I didn't know I had.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing, even though they recommend the program for intermediate users that doesn't have to be the case. While they recommend doing the routines 6 days a week I cut out the Yoga workout all together and only do it 4 times a week. Instead of the program taking 90 days as advertised it takes just two weeks longer to do it my way. Also, It's normally one to two aerobic workouts a week mixed in with one to three days with light weights. They can all be done comfortably within an hour.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

chip, i think you're right on with that, and its gotta be far more effective and efficient than using a DR gym -- and/or with a dominican trainer.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

YOGA X is the routine you don't want to cut out...yeah it's hard...but it gives you the flexibility you'll need as you age...

I'll bet you're slamming right through Plyometrics, Cardio Synergistics and Kenpo though huh? (Tell the truth...you're pushing PAUSE...)

I've done a couple cycles of P90X...diet is as important as following the routine. Good luck!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I have a pulled muscle in my shoulder, and a bum knee, so I'm really restricted on what I can do, other than walking and bike riding.

Even so, I decided to eliminate sugar from my daily diet, as well as rice, bread, potatoes and pasta. Pretty much what the Atkins people suggest. It's even easier for me, because I have a cafeteria next door to my work, and the lady there makes me HUGH lunches every day of salads and vegetables.

I've lost 60 lbs since the beginning of the year. It pretty much melts off.
    Hey, I have a surgically repaired/fused back (that I broke) no acl in the left knee, and a bum right shoulder due to loose ligaments and the fact that I don't want to be bedridden from debillitating back pain at 60 is why I'm into fitness. The calisthenics and light weight lifting will tighten all that up. At least you got the nutrition going though.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyratt View Post
    YOGA X is the routine you don't want to cut out...yeah it's hard...but it gives you the flexibility you'll need as you age...

I'll bet you're slamming right through Plyometrics, Cardio Synergistics and Kenpo though huh? (Tell the truth...you're pushing PAUSE...)

I've done a couple cycles of P90X...diet is as important as following the routine. Good luck!
    I have a friend who loves it, however, I've been lifting weights non stop since 1987 and sometimes it's difficult for me to motivate myself to workout four times a week much less five because I'm like "what am I doing this for". I think I've lost 7 lbs of fat and dropped my % bodyfat from 16-17 to 13.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I have a pulled muscle in my shoulder, and a bum knee, so I'm really restricted on what I can do, other than walking and bike riding.

Even so, I decided to eliminate sugar from my daily diet, as well as rice, bread, potatoes and pasta. Pretty much what the Atkins people suggest. It's even easier for me, because I have a cafeteria next door to my work, and the lady there makes me HUGH lunches every day of salads and vegetables.

I've lost 60 lbs since the beginning of the year. It pretty much melts off.
    Agreed, Atkins is the way to go, although I've only heard praise for the P90X program.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast