looking for an inexpensive all-inclusive resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Yaya

Jan 31, 2010
I'm looking to visit the north coast in june with my fiancee and was wondering if anyone could give a name (or two or three...)of a place that is fairly inexpensive (around 100.00 or so per night) that doesn't involve having to go to a 90 min seminar!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
............that doesn't involve having to go to a 90 min seminar!

:laugh::laugh: You mean timeshare or similar? Just remember, no-one can force you to attend, it's your holiday. Just say NO. I'm sure some of the people with experience of the different hotels will be posting names to help you soon.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Check out the 3 RIU's on the East side of POP. As suggested above use Tripadvisor for reviews. Then checkout Bookit.com, seems they offer the best deals. Though the RIU's are not close to any none resort night life, if thats important to you.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Resort

Try Lifestyle Resort & Spa in Cofresi. 24 hour food and drink, less than $85 per nite. Can't beat the price for two people.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I'm looking to visit the north coast in june with my fiancee and was wondering if anyone could give a name (or two or three...)of a place that is fairly inexpensive (around 100.00 or so per night) that doesn't involve having to go to a 90 min seminar!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is that for both of you or per person?

If it is for a couple, your choices may be slim. Remember, you will get what you pay for so as long as your expectations are realistic and managed, you two will be fine.

There are some places mentioned here I wouldnt venture to. RIU is good but I would be most surprised if you could get it for $100/couple.

We have used this company in the past and found their prices competative.

Hotels in Mexico: hotel reservations, hotel + flight, flights and deals

Good luck and feel free to PM.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm so surprised at these prices for the north coast - nothing like that in Santo Domingo, you're lucky if you get a decent breakfast, never mind 24/food+drink. Is it because SD has more business travelers?

AE

bellakins

May 31, 2008
cheap caribbean.com

This website has all kinds of great deals. I went to Coral Sol de Plata and found it to be quite good. the food was good,too. The ocean can be rough,
but this is the case along the north coast during winter months. The pools are nice&big. Also, the location between Cabarete and Sosua is convenient. You
can walk out to the main road and flag down a guagua whenever you want or
call for a taxi (@$10). There's also a shared taxi a couple times a day.
Go on this website. Plug in Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata and you'll see
what deals they have in the area. Or call 1-800-915-BEACH to speak with a
representative. They are very helpful.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Where are you from? Here in the UK I use a company who sell off the rooms that the tour companies have allocated but can't use. They are very cheap!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Telephone the resort and make an email connection with the mgr.
you might halve the price.

What, when they hear the "gringo accent"??

Seriously, contacting a resort directly is a good idea if you have a Dominican do it for you...may have an impact on the rate in that case.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Twice a year, I go to an AI around here.
What I do is, that I shop around on most all the different "discount" travel search engines on the net and try to keep the region within the DR pretty much open.
Some engines try to lure you with "offers" which turns out "per person", you don't want those as they double up for most rooms are being sold as double occupancy anyways.
But anyways, I've always been able to find an AI WAY under $100.oo per night/room and even squeeze some kids into the room rate for "free". The cheapest one was $62.oo/night, I took 2 rooms (total $124.oo/night) and we were a party of 8 with the kids! $15.50/pax!! The kids alone went thru "free" ice cream and soda pop for more than that! :D
Funny thing thou, most every time (except once), the search has led me to a different hotel. So, it's not by hotels that prices go, they go by wholesale, how tour operators dump their contracted bulk rooms and how they are booked, just like flights.

Unless there is a special offer for groups or business sectors or schools (universities mostly), rates offered LOCALLY can't compete with what is found on the net.

... just to mention a "few". Yes, it's a bit like work... but a night googeling your hotel can save you hundreds.

... J-D.

Status
Not open for further replies.