I need a hotel in Santo Domingo

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
jggm...

I was going to stay a few nights by your hotel last month. But there is no parking. The watchiman told me that i could leave my car out front and he would keep an eye on it. I didnt feel comfortable doing that.

Reactions: mike l

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
jggm...

I was going to stay a few nights by your hotel last month. But there is no parking. The watchiman told me that i could leave my car out front and he would keep an eye on it. I didnt feel comfortable doing that.

One of the same reasons I have never stayed there. I had four hubcaps stolen off a rental parked on the street when staying at another hotel with a night watchman. Sometimes night watchmen like to take a nap and some are pretty sound sleepers.

Hotel Venezia and Carey House are two good options.

http://www.residence-venezia.com/location.htm

http://www.careyhousehotel.com.do/en/eindex.php

cacobaka

Mar 14, 2010
Carey house hotel/or other hotel for larger family(5)

I will be visiting SD this summer(for 3-4 days) and it will be me and 4 others. I saw that Carey house offers three beds in one room, which is ideal for us as we do not want separate rooms( we are a family of 3 children and two adults).

Does anyone know what the price is? I looked on their website but couldn't find anything. Or any other other hotel recommendations which would suit our family would be greatly appreciated (not over priced, three beds in room or two queens)

(i'm sorry if i'm bombarding this thread by looking for information instead of starting my own but I thought might as well hit two birds, with one stone!)

Much appreciated :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I will be visiting SD this summer(for 3-4 days) and it will be me and 4 others. I saw that Carey house offers three beds in one room, which is ideal for us as we do not want separate rooms( we are a family of 3 children and two adults).

Does anyone know what the price is? I looked on their website but couldn't find anything. Or any other other hotel recommendations which would suit our family would be greatly appreciated (not over priced, three beds in room or two queens)

(i'm sorry if i'm bombarding this thread by looking for information instead of starting my own but I thought might as well hit two birds, with one stone!)

Much appreciated :)

I have stayed at Carey House Hotel several times and it is a very nice hotel. I know for a fact the one bedroom is 1500 pesos per night and am pretty sure the two beds are 1800 and the three beds are 2100. I saw one of the rooms with three beds and the beds are not large enough for two adults. The rooms at Carey House in general are not very large. If you make a reservation request the second floor. I don't know why but most of the rooms on the first floor do not get cell phone reception.

jggm1971

Mar 1, 2008
www.maisongautreaux.net
Maison Gautreaux

try our place
Hotel Maison Gautreaux... En Santo Domingo, Algo Distinto.

to the friends that are worried about the parking, we have 24 hours security guards at the front of the hotel, be aware that even in parking lots you will see a notice informing that the administration is not responsible of the damages that can happen to the vehicles, in my place is not like that, if something hapen and the car is broken and the wellhubs are stolen and you can proof that was at the hotel we pay for that.
to avoid that kind of things we pay a civil responsability insurance
i dont think is fair to measure everybody with the same rule, when you dont give a chance to try or see how we are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tamborista

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The delta hotel (now has a new name) also has good rates for long term. Its far fancier than many other hotels mentioned here and its in the same price range. My friend stays there when he comes from santiago. I think he pays like 2K / night but iyou can get better rates if you stay there longer than a a few nights.
Free wifi.
AZB

P.S I will take you out for some food food in my favorite place.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AZB, where is this delta hotel (with the new name) located? I'd like to have a look.

It's on Sarasota not far from El Embajador - a lot of businessmen go there, nice place:

Hotel Delta
Sarasota AV No 53 B
Santo Domingo 10111, Dominican Republic
(809) 535-9722

AE

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
well i just called them to ask the rate on a standard room [double bed]
total with tax in USD $112 per night
from the looks of the webpage it looks beautiful, but a little on the high end for me. i might still check it out though because its a nice neighborhood too! :)