Centro Medico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Here is some very good news. As of Wednesday they now are accepting Universal ARS insurance. A lot of the Expats living here have that insurance so you can now go to the new hopspital in Sosua.

Bob K

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I had the 'pleasure' of spending the night as a 'guest' there a few weeks ago. As in most of the posts I've seen online, I have only good things to say about their service & professionalism.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
I understand they were already taking ARS Humano. Monumental, , ARS Constitucion, ARS SDS, and Amor y Paz. The addition of Universal is good.

According to an insurance broker located in the plaza next to CMC, who uses ARS PALIC for her family, they are "working" on accepting ARS PALIC as well. No time frame given for that.

We were thinking of changing to ARS Humano Plan Royal. The searches I have done on Humano were all favorable, but I recall someone having issues with that plan. I think the issues were because they used out of network doctors which are not covered in Plan Royal, but are covered in the next level plan called Plan Max. Can someone point me at that thread?

I plan to meet with this broker soon and will post any useful information I find. I know there was mis-information posted before on age limits for starting and keeping in force various medical plans.
If you go to web site ARS Humano you can navigate around to see what different plans cover and amounts. You can also see what providers cover under the plans. You should check both the clinics and Medicos under each plan.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I had the 'pleasure' of spending the night as a 'guest' there a few weeks ago. As in most of the posts I've seen online, I have only good things to say about their service & professionalism.
I was not impressed. I find Bournigal a lot more professional. However any port in a storm.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Thanks Deyvi. I have done so, but as in most web sites related to the DR ( DR1.com notwithstanding) the information is not up to date nor is it that easy to search.

I was asking about a particular case where someone seemed to have either purchased the wrong package for their situation or were not made aware of its limitations until they owed big money for something they expected to be covered.

don't remember the thread, but the situation was plan royal does not cover out of network, plan max did you had to pay first then get reimbursed I think

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Here is some very good news. As of Wednesday they now are accepting Universal ARS insurance. A lot of the Expats living here have that insurance so you can now go to the new hopspital in Sosua.

Bob K

Bob,

I heard they were getting close as March 1st was the last target date but we all know that wouldn't happen.

After 18 months of premiums I can now see some dividends!

Thanks for the great news.

Mike

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Mike

Yes it is good news. They originally were looking at November of last year. Wheels turn slowly but the did turn.

Bob K

Status
Not open for further replies.