Mail from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata

MrTee12

Apr 4, 2010
My fiancee is waiting for a package from the U.S. Embassy in Santiago Domingo. She lives in Puerto Plata...does anyone know how long (estimated) it will take to arrive?

Thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Do you mean Santo Domingo? There is no US Embassy in Santiago; it is in Santo Domingo.

How is the Embassy sending the package. The preferred way of sending something is by Caribe Tours or Metro, but the best and most sure way is to go to Santo Domingo and pick it up.

If arrangements have been made to send a package, you should call the Embassy and find out how it is being sent and when it will be sent.

MrTee12

Apr 4, 2010
My fiancee is waiting for a package from the U.S. Embassy in Santiago Domingo. She lives in Puerto Plata...does anyone know how long (estimated) it will take to arrive?

Thanks

I mean Santo Domingo (capital)

I'm not sure what service they used. Its a letter for visa appointment/package. I know they a courier service for mailing the actual Visa. But I'm not so sure about how the send the information prior to receiving the visa.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
The US embassy and consulate in Santo Domingo uses a private courier company (the name escapes me right now) EXCLUSIVELY.
Once it's being dispatched, it will reach POP the same day or the day thereafter. They CALL the recipient at the number given and seem to know their way around town quite well.
If she gave the correct information at the consulate and DID pay for the shipment, she should be fine.

... J-D.

May 12, 2005
The US embassy and consulate in Santo Domingo uses a private courier company (the name escapes me right now) EXCLUSIVELY.
Once it's being dispatched, it will reach POP the same day or the day thereafter. They CALL the recipient at the number given and seem to know their way around town quite well.
If she gave the correct information at the consulate and DID pay for the shipment, she should be fine.

... J-D.

DOMEX, the name is DOMEX.

MrTee12

Apr 4, 2010

... J-D.

Thanks for the information.