mexican drug cartels migrate to caribbean

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Well it might be working for Mexico but not so much here!

I think it will be working when there is less than the one drug related murder per hour that Mexico's population suffers at the moment.

They are not stupid - like water running down a hill hey will take the route of least resistance.
That is why, for example, a lot of the cocaine smuggling has shifted from Haiti to D.R.
The UN clamped right down on transhipment in Haiti and the Dominican authorities seem at best to be less efficient at dealing with it and at worst seem to embrace the trade - even to be complicit.

And anyway, these Cartel guys are probably fed up of living in Mexico what with all the drug violence.;)

But let us never forget - the only reason it is shipped at all is because there is a huge market for it in North America and Europe.

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Oh man, the last thing I need is Santiago to turn into Juarez City or Guadalajara. Shoot, even Kingston, or 1980s Miami is too much.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Well it might be working for Mexico but not so much here!

I think it will be working when there is less than the one drug related murder per hour that Mexico's population suffers at the moment.

They are not stupid - like water running down a hill hey will take the route of least resistance.
That is why, for example, a lot of the cocaine smuggling has shifted from Haiti to D.R.
The UN clamped right down on transhipment in Haiti and the Dominican authorities seem at best to be less efficient at dealing with it and at worst seem to embrace the trade - even to be complicit.

And anyway, these Cartel guys are probably fed up of living in Mexico what with all the drug violence.;)

But let us never forget - the only reason it is shipped at all is because there is a huge market for it in North America and Europe.

I don't think so, I think it is more heinous. I think the US will be starting to implement those armed drone assassination missions over Mexico, without the permission of the Mexican government. You'll never know the truth because the drone will destroy enough evidence to cover its trails. But I think the whole operation will be run by the DEA from 29 Palms. Its is only a matter of time before the violence spills over from Tijuana to San Diego, or from Juarez to El Paso.

Last edited by a moderator: