Driver for Hire . . .

Quisqueya430

I wanted to hire a driver that will take me straight from SDQ- Las Americas Airport to Barahona { Specifically Bahoruco, which is a little further }. What would be considered as a fair offer to pay someone to drive me round-trip? Should I pay by the hour, which in total equal 16 hrs. of the poor man driving {plus gas and food}? Or should I calculate and double what the trip would cost if I where to take a taxi to the the bus to Barahona plus the bus to Bahoruco and back {plus gas and food} ?

If you can understand anything I just said, your help or information would be GREATLY appreciated !

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Firstly it would not be 16 hours. It is around 4 hours max from sdq to Barahona and a tad more to Barhoruco. That includes a stop at Bani which is roughly half way for a rest stop and food etc. So a round trip of 8 hours.

It is obviously easier to get a driver and food and drink are negligible. If you decide to do it on public transport you will need a taxi from the airport to the city to the bus for Barahona and wait for the bus. Then same time to Barahona, then another taxi to Bahoruco.

Not sure how helpful this is as really have no idea of costs involved - but say around 200 US$ maybe from airport all the way in a taxi???

matilda

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I can not pay this because he want to pay the ride with some food, perhaps a part of a chicken with Coca Cola.:bunny:
Robert.
Can I pay you with an empa?ada?
Read the first post very well

He asked about paying $$$ by the hour and also asked about food and gas :)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I wanted to hire a driver that will take me straight from SDQ- Las Americas Airport to Barahona { Specifically Bahoruco, which is a little further }. What would be considered as a fair offer to pay someone to drive me round-trip? Should I pay by the hour, which in total equal 16 hrs. of the poor man driving {plus gas and food}? Or should I calculate and double what the trip would cost if I where to take a taxi to the the bus to Barahona plus the bus to Bahoruco and back {plus gas and food} ?

If you can understand anything I just said, your help or information would be GREATLY appreciated !

My advice: Forget the paying by the hour stuff + gas and food. One way or another,it's going to cost you more. Pick a taxi (Newest possible Van) at the airport and negotiate a price directly with the driver.