help!! on dealing with codetel

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
hey guys need some help here. today i must call codetel aka jodetel because they are crooks. see my internet plan is 768/512 i get the 768 most of the time usually i get about 500 - 600 download speeds i can deal with that cause its codetel we are talking about here. now my upload speed is SUPPOSE to be 512 but ive been monotoring it for the past few weeks and the highest i got was 2 days ago which was 88. that sucks cause i need good upload speed to play games online. now question is when i call what can or should i say to them so that they will improve my upload speed otherwise ill just have to down grade my plan to the 128 upload cause its about 600 pesos cheaper. has anyone experienced this with these crooks and how did u or were u able to resolve it. btw im in santiago in dorado 2.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
they have always been very helpful when ever we have rung them, only done this recently so maybe their customer service is getting better than it used to be

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
It is not the guys in the call centres fault. I have always found them very helpful. What you can do is call them 809 220 1111 and press option 2 after you have chosen English. You will get straight through to the net dept. Ask them to boost your signal then you will need to reset your modem, they will explain everything. You need to do this everytime it happens until they carry out the major repairs needed. They had serious problems a week ago in Santiago which caused many areas to go down.
Read this

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/10...finally-admit.html?highlight=codetel+problems

Feb 7, 2007

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
keep hope up... and take time... lots of time...

my experience is the following, and I have stated this before...

- all those guys on the helplines are very nice... and do ****
- most of the guys in the offices are very nice... and do ****
- some of the guys in the offices are not nice... an do ****, but at least you feel justified at cursing at them... and feel slightly better leaving the building...:bunny:
- once in a while, with a lot of effort and perseverance, you will still find this hidden diamond who feels it is important to help a customer, with all the limitations his function has.

We have found this diamond in Santiago, in the form of a young guy, speaking perfect English, and absolutely willing to help, and even to follow up...

Mind you...
- when he told me the first time... "give me a second"... it meant 15 minutes...
- he told me this 8 times... make the calculation...
- he made me a promise... which he kept... but Claro did not... and I went back..
- he told me to give him a second (15 minutes)... and he had done the follow-up... and...
- asked me to give him 5 minutes... at which time I got the dog out of the car and into the building... and yes... after 90 minutes... "and a lot of people wanting to pet the lovable border collie"... he came back with an acceptable solution...

So yes there is hope... but you need a lot of time, perseverance and above all... a great deal of luck in finding the right guy...