Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This country is so screwed up!

We have just been informed by a truck going around the neighborhood with a loud speaker that EdeNorte will be turning off the electric for three (3) days because some people in one of the barrios on the same grid has not been paying their electric bills.

So punish those that pay and ruin their food in the refrigerator because of others.

This country will NEVER grow up!
    ------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------

"Stupid is as stupid does" indicates that a person is judged stupid by the stupid acts he commits.

Forrest Gump.

[FONT="ParkAvenue BT"]Don[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Are these people stealing the electricity or are they people with accounts that are just not paying or are paying late. I believe you are in Santiago....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

RUN FORREST RUNNNNNNNN............

buy a generator or move to a middle class neighborhood, what sector are you in?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barrio of Santiago - Belle Vista Area

Who the people are I do not know exactly, but I think (My wife is not here right now to ask) is a section known for trouble. When she told me about it, she did not say "some people", she mentioned a specific area near us.

Why they don't cut just them off is probably because EdeNorte is afraid of them, so they are making it a general blackout. Putting in a separate (or turning off just their) feeder would probably cause EdeNorte too many problems with them.

We are in a 24/7 area and the service has been excellent for at least 2 years.
    This is just their STUPID way to try to get the others to pay.

We have a diesel generator and it only takes 4-5 hours to charge the batteries.
    Our diesel generator is VERY noisy!

We have never been without power one way or another in 13 years.

Three days of no electric will be difficult and expensive.

We once were off grid close to that time with a down high tension line and we were able to maintain power.

It's a hassle creating out own electric, plus much higher costs.

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorgesarduysousa View Post
    RUN FORREST RUNNNNNNNN............

buy a generator or move to a middle class neighborhood, what sector are you in?
    You're not in Kansas anymore!

Selling a home in the DR is not an easy thing to do, unless perhaps it's a tin shanty......

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post

Three days of no electric will be difficult.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

SantiagoDR,
    Don't fret just yet... remember what country you're in. It's quite possible the truck driver drove down the wrong street. Hope that's the case!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just in Ochoa picking up some electrical wiring supplies and there was a guy at the counter trying to buy cables for inverter batteries. The guy at Ochoa told him they were out because everybody is buying inverters now because blackouts are so bad. Seems there are no terminals to be had anywhere.

That may not be true because I gave him an address where he could pick up some extras I have for free but he never showed up. Couldn't be that hard to find if he can pass up free ones.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much. That's just their way of trying to get more people to pay. If they are afraid of the people in that barrio then trust me they will not turn it off for 3 days straight...

I have a house in a similar barrio. The posts and electric wires were paid for by the neighborhood, but pretty much everyone connects for free. They have tried to go in and take the transformer, wires, etc and were run out of there by the people. Every now and then they go in and threaten to put everyone in jail. I would be a prime target as I have the largest house in the hood, but I have yet to pay a penny and my grandpa who lives in my house just tells them that he's just watching the house (which he is) thus he cannot get a contract out...

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

One of the points that some may miss is that "EdeNorte can do that" and get a way with it.
    The part about announcing cutting everyone else off to get at the ones that don't pay.

Guess they expect the rest of us to go after the non-payers for them.
    They are perhaps trying to push the people toward vigilante justice.

What a great country this is turning into!

CobraBoy, my understanding from the wife was that it is a "section" that is not paying, not so much "individual". I will ask her again when she gets home.

Meanwhile I am stocking the freezer and refrigerator with water bottles, preparing to turn off unnecessary items such as decorative lighting, etc. to help cut down the inverter load.

Don

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast