Anybody on here live in Panorama Village

Status
Not open for further replies.

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
Hi, Im looking for a gardener for two days a week just to mow and maintain the garden, must have his own mower. There is no landscaping yet as we will sort that when we come to live there. Preferably one who is already working there.
THANKS CRAIG

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
You want a gardener who has his own mower. I bet there is at least one of those in the whole country. Sorry but you will have to buy your own mower.

Bob K

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Could we cut the 'smarts' and actually try to help this person?

holland1974, whilst it is true that individual gardeners are unlikely to be equipped with more than a machete, what most people do who want a service such as you describe, is to go to a garden centre. I'm in Puerto Plata and we have several, but whether they go down the road to Sosua, I don't know. Garden centres in Puerto Plata send out a team of guys in a vehicle with all the equipment necessary - our neighbour opposite uses one of them (we have our own gardener).

So, I googled for you (vivero in Spanish) and came up with Vivero La Union - Choco Internantional, Autopista Sos?a-Puerto Plata, Km 3 y Autopista Sos?a-Cabarete, Km 2; Sos?a y Cabarete, Puerto Plata, Rep. Dom.

Tel.: 809-571-3630 / 809-571-0217 Fax: 809-571-1715

Head of company Samuel Vasquez, Cellphone 809-399-9699
Email samuel@viverolaunion.com
fincavivero@codetel.net.do

I have never used their services so have no idea what they're like, but if you look through their website you will see they provide gardening services for some of the hotels and residential communities.
Experiencia

To the moderator, I appreciate posting commercial links isn't de rigueur but it might help holland1974 to leave it up at least until he has signalled he has made a note of it for himself.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Links being posted are fine, as long as it's by a third party, as in this case.
Reviews, services etc, no problem. It's non-advertisers spamming their own services/products we have an issue with.

I have seen plenty of gardeners in SD with their own mowers.
I know that doesn't help you, but they do exist.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
There are actually people in Sosua that offer this service, one of whom is also English, and they have their own equipment. I have sent the OP contact details, if anyone else would like the details you can pm me. I have no involvement other than I know many people who are very happy with their service.

Status
Not open for further replies.