Exotic Fruits and Vegetables

slas7713

Aug 9, 2004
Are there any members connected with the growing of exotic fruits and vegetable here on the island. Things such as Chinese eggplant, bitter melon, rambutan, jacfruit, etc....

We are looking for local seed suppliers.

SDL

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
While this does not answer your question I was wondering where one gets seeds for growing seedless water melon and seedless grapes ?

kiai

Jun 1, 2007
Caribbean seed symposium

Doesnt answer your question but am working on a Caribbean seed symposium in Santo D and a seed exchange program with Hawaii where i lived 3 times and where a friend spear headed a similar movement for all Hawaiian Islands as well as setting up a Caribe seed bank here to protect seed diversity

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Doesnt answer your question but am working on a Caribbean seed symposium in Santo D and a seed exchange program with Hawaii where i lived 3 times and where a friend spear headed a similar movement for all Hawaiian Islands as well as setting up a Caribe seed bank here to protect seed diversity

The Hawaiian Strawberry Papaya would be a gread addition!

They are a small one portion size and with a little lime you are in heaven and as a matter of fact did you know the the Papaya is actullay the most healthiest fruit to eat!

PC with mango and papaya demi glaze

Reactions: Tamborista

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
I am in this business. I see many people selling seedlings in La Vega and i have not come across shops selling seeds. Normally the farmers collect their own seeds or exchange with friends. If you need in commercial quantity, i can get you some contacts in overseas.

Reactions: Tamborista