Texting online to Claro and Orange (i give links)

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
for orange

if you don't have the number. just try to log in and then ask them for a password. they text it to you immediately from 555 and away you go.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
better idea:
make an account with google voice (invitation only), once you have that, you can send free text cell messages to almost any cell phone in the world. Don't believe me? send me your number in anywhere in the world And I will send you a text messege.
AZB

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Does this work in reverse as well... to receive incoming texts from other countries? I've tried using my Canadian cell phone to text in DR to Canada and from Canada to text to DR and it doesn't work from either end.... I was told I'd have to get a sim card in DR to access the local network to send texts...

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Does this work in reverse as well... to receive incoming texts from other countries? I've tried using my Canadian cell phone to text in DR to Canada and from Canada to text to DR and it doesn't work from either end.... I was told I'd have to get a sim card in DR to access the local network to send texts...

I am not sure who your Canadian service provider is but texting works in both directions....call them to check that everything is ok on your end.

I both send and receive text messages between DR and South Africa without ant problem. My service provider is Rogers and I send to both Claro and Orange. The online texting can only be done between local #'s.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I am not sure who your Canadian service provider is but texting works in both directions....call them to check that everything is ok on your end.

I both send and receive text messages between DR and South Africa without ant problem. My service provider is Rogers and I send to both Claro and Orange. The online texting can only be done between local #'s.

My service provider is Virgin Mobile. I have a plan with unlimited texting in Canada and US maybe international has not been enabled? I was able to make calls while I was in DR back to Canada and was charged standard roaming rates, but the texts would say they were sent but the recipients would not receive them. My daughter uses Koodo and she had the same problem when we were there. I've also tried sending texts from Canada to DR and it says it was sent but again the recipient never received it. I'll try calling VM and see what they say. Maybe there's some kind of feature that has not been enabled?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I have had the same problem Shiraz..

I am with Rogers....at the time my husband was with Orange.

We used to be able to text back & forth no problem. Then my husband changed his phone and suddenly it stopped working. We both checked with our carriers and both blamed the other company. My bill always registered sent and the same for my husband. We were both paying for messages lost in cyber space.

You should check with Virgin to make sure you don't have any international blocks on your line though...

TrueNorthLady

Apr 22, 2010
Well, my daughter has Koodo phone and we text all the time to friends in Puerto Plata with no issues at all and no cost......She has the standard $35 per month plan with unlimited texting and this includes international...she is always texting with friends in Costa Rica as well with no issues...we did nothing special at all...just confirmed that there was no cost.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
My friend that I am trying to text in POP was with claro now he's with orange... neither one receives my msgs... I tried to call Virgin last night and gave up after being on hold for 45 minutes listening to their annoying music and promting thanking me for continuing to wait... I'll hopefully get through with less waiting time today...:ermm: