Desperate need for sausages

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
A little while ago we were present at the French Ring competition for dogs in Cabarete, and they had a bbq with sausages, which they got from a Swiss butcher in Cabarete...

They told me the original Swiss butcher had retired, but passed on his butcher shops to his long-time employees...

The sausages (chipolata and merguez) were so great, and with bbq season approaching I would like to stock some in my freezer...

What I know is that the shop is supposed to be on the corner right before the restaurant Bliss... I have looked, and looked for this restaurant, but could not find it...

So please help me, and I will give you the adress of a German butcher in SD, which sells very decent bratwurst...:bunny::bunny:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
its all in the skin you know ! most of the Sosh?a sausages are lacking in the skin department, maybe if they were wrapped in two it might help - I cant answer the question though

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
There are 3 German butchers in Sosua. One on the main highway East next to the Sosua Ocean Village entry (South side) "Bavaria", an other one up on La Mulata road and finally the one operating out of the main Super Market "Playero".
All three make decent to very fine mostly German and Swiss style sausages themselves.
I am however afraid that no Merguez thou, a North African sausage usually made of lamb or beef and lamb meet. Maybe in Santo Domingo, which has a Lebanese community?

... J-D.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
The butcher's shop is still there - immediately after Locos de Enfrente in the same road as Bliss, but shortly after Bliss.

To find Bliss, you need to turn right opposite the East end of the Ocean Dream Plaza in Cabarete (where the offices of L'Agence real estate and the pharmacy/stationers are situated). This takes you into the Callejon and both Bliss, then Locos de Enfrente are just 200 meters or so on the left hand side.

If you are not familiar with any of those landmarks, PM me and I'll help more.

Reactions: belgiank

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
thanks a lot Swell... I'm not that well known in Cabarete as I live in Jarabacoa... am I right in thinking this real estate business you are talking about is about 100 yards away on the opposite side of the road from Banco Popular?

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
same side of the road, and hrs of operation are 8am-12noon and 4pm-6pm....they do have some very good sausage

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
more info..

am I right in thinking this real estate business you are talking about is about 100 yards away on the opposite side of the road from Banco Popular?

Yes the the real estate office is on the Ocean side of the road, 200 meters (more or less) from Popular, as you drive out of Cabarete towards Sosua. The entrance to the Cajellon is on the mountain side of the road, opposite :)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I think there is more sausages in Sosua than people so they should not be hard to find!

What happens with these 300 sausage links you see in the Playero or German Buthcers .

I cannot eat sausauge every day...who does?

Megoreilly

Oct 14, 2009
Bliss is out of business. It was changed to "Jalapenos" which unfortunately closed its doors as well. However, the restaurant signage is easy to see. Across the corner is Janets, where I personally buy some of the best sausage from the butcher there. Hope this helps.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Bliss is out of business. It was changed to "Jalapenos" which unfortunately closed its doors as well. However, the restaurant signage is easy to see. Across the corner is Janets, where I personally buy some of the best sausage from the butcher there. Hope this helps.

Bliss and Jalapenos out of business???? This is a totally different area of the town to the one which was spoken of earlier I think.

Ben

Feb 2, 2004

Bliss was very much in business a few weeks ago when I was there. I think you're confused. Janet's supermarket is at the east end of Cabarete, while Bliss (which is on Callejon de la Loma) is on the west end of town, across from Ocean Dream.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
damaging and inaccurate

Bliss is not that restaurant! The restaurant to which you refer (that is now called Jalapenos) is on completely the other side of town!

Be careful when you write something that is so far from accurate - you can damage a business in already challenging times.

Bliss is very much in business and is in the same location as it has always been. It is also still a very nice place to eat. Please see my earlier posts for where it is located.

No, I have no financial interest in Bliss by the way.