how to get a cat down from a tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a tree being avocado too thin to climb up for any of us (save the cat, of course). ladder not long enough. location does not allow the use of a car or a truck as an aid.
the bastard climbed really high up and seems to be having problem getting down. should i just wait until he gets hungry? maybe hose him down? poke him with a stick? throw granades?
i am getting seriously worried...

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Dominican way, get a long stick and start hitting the cat with it. USA movies way, call the firefighters or Superman. Seriously any of tigueres in the DR should really help you bringing the cat down, those guys can climb anything, anywhere, anytime.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
send a dog up ?
dog-climbs-ladder.lg.jpg

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
he will come down. My 3 pawed cat is always getting stuck as can climb up using front paws, but needs back paws as brakes coming down. I climb up and get him, but am sure he would work it out if I didn't. What goes up must come down!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i kinda do not know any tiguere :)
i am afraid the bomberos would set a fire to the tree to get poor bastardo down. i guess if i climb a ladder i can just about reach him with one of those thin white pipes left from construction work. hopefully i will manage to poke him towards the bottom of the tree, not the top... :(

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Do NEVER climb avocado trees!

Be very careful with avocado trees. They may look mighty but their branches can break suddenly under little weight. Not that the cat's weight will break it, but in case you plan a little rescue mission. Avocado trees should not be climbed!

Otherwise, I am sorry, I don't know any methods worth posting here on how to get a cat down from a tree.

... J-D.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you everyone for advice and support. jd, i will remember not to climb avocado tree ever!
we got the bloody bugger down eventually: miesposo climbed right to the top of the ladder and pulled the cat down by the leg. result: a torn apart t-shirt, few bites, few scratches and a very upset kitty. buck heck, a small price to pay! :)

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
thank you everyone for advice and support. jd, i will remember not to climb avocado tree ever!
we got the bloody bugger down eventually: miesposo climbed right to the top of the ladder and pulled the cat down by the leg. result: a torn apart t-shirt, few bites, few scratches and a very upset kitty. buck heck, a small price to pay! :)

I told you that any "tiguere" can climb anywhere, anytime, anything lol. In this case this is a good meaning "tiguere", not to be confused with a barrio one.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The best way to get a cat out of a tree is to take some cat nip and stuff it inside a chinese doll and do the same with rats!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The vultures are circling even though the cat is on terra firma...

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.