Is the president in Sosua today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miozio

May 23, 2009
There is a military helicopter activity in the skies today and i saw one that looks like a president's one. They are flying all over the coast.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Oh dear, did no-one answer you? He was due to break ground on the new municipal hospital in Sosua this morning. I can tell you that about an hour or so ago they all came back to Puerto Plata because that's when a large, loud & exhuberant caravana went past the back of my home.

About the tenth vehicle in the convoy was a fully equipped Ambulance, blue lights flashing. It reminded me of that advert where someone is followed around by a hospital trolley; I think it's for some medication for clearing plaque from the arteries or somesuch.

The President was also in Montellano - Aronis Polanco of Sacandomelao took the pictures here:
Visita de Leonel Fern?ndez a Montellano

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
Yes!

Yes the President was in Sosua this morning, as well as Charamicos! Quite a gathering ... If I knew how to upload photos here, I would share some of the pictures I took (granted I'm no photographer so they're not the greatest lol)

Last edited:

miozio

May 23, 2009
Thanks for the answer Lambada. You know, we stay at home on sundays as its usually quite noisy in town with all of those deputados music and my babygirl likes those choppers, pointing her finger and asking what it is. I'll try to explain now that the president came to wave her from the sky, even if she is only 13 months old :) The other day there was a nice machine flying past our house, very low and they all waved to us when we lounged on the balcony :)

andy_089

Mar 23, 2003
Hey, saw him yesterday by surprise on the road in Villa Riva, that's a little town close to Nagua. I was driving on the opposite site of the road when suddenly the PLD caravan passed by. They made me stop for over 45 min. con su maldita bulla.

4552524728_4d85cce083_o_d.jpg

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
New hospital? I searched the forum but found nothing. So there will be a new hospital near Sosua soon?

This would be a municipal hospital - it's been talked about since forever! It was a campaign promise by Leonel back in the 2004 campaign, if I recall correctly
Sos?a espera hospital prometido en pasada campa?a electoral

This was from 2007
Gobierno anuncia construcci?n hospital de Sos?a-Puerto Plata

August 2009 the Tourism Minister announced it would start in 'los proximas dias'
SECRETARIA TURISMO DONA 100 MIL D?LARES COMIT? PUERTOPLATENOS

Location was alleged to be near airport/La Union. However although it was slated for groundbreaking today, I can't find any evidence that it happened. Maybe others who live in Sosua know?

What did happen was the ex-Mayor of Puerto Plata, Ramon Ortiz, one of our neighbours & PRD member, left the PRD to join the PLD so Leonel was at his home, just round the corner from us (no wonder it got noisy in our hood this afternoon :cheeky:)
Presidente Fern?ndez juramenta ex-sindico del PRD en PP

That's quite a catch, so maybe it took precedence over the hospital? Or maybe the land issues over the hospital still aren't fully resolved? I don't know, you'd have to ask one of the Sosua people.

Here's the report
MILES APOYAN CANDIDATOS PLD EN RECORRIDO POR TRES MUNICIPIOS ENCABEZO PRESIDENTE FERNANDEZ

and video
Caravana Leonel Fern?ndez en Montellano, apoyando candidato a Sindico

miozio

May 23, 2009
It was a campaign promise by Leonel back in the 2004 campaign, if I recall correctly
Sos?a espera hospital prometido en pasada campa?a electoral

This was from 2007
Gobierno anuncia construcci?n hospital de Sos?a-Puerto Plata

August 2009 the Tourism Minister announced it would start in 'los proximas dias'
SECRETARIA TURISMO DONA 100 MIL D?LARES COMIT? PUERTOPLATENOS

WOW!! Thaks for the summary. I am soo not into politics, especially when it concerns building of a Hospital!! i wish all of those deputados and presidents would turn off their loudspeakers and join efforts in cleaning the coastal line from garbage. We usually pick up trash there if its just a few bottles and plasic cups. I saw a washing machine once thrown to a golfball beach near Cabarete. It was quite polutted for the whole past week there.

Also, people on Sundays leave glass bottles, plastic and other litter right on the beach. HOW!! HOW is that possible???

Dear president, if you start cleaning up the beaches, i will join you, and many of us will. I will also become a citizen of DR and vote for you. But no more Disco trucks and posters on each pole!!! Pleeeeesseee????

Its a beautiful country and it will remain so if we "flush our toilets"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.