Baba De Caracol products...

May 29, 2006
Is this a big brand of beauty products in the DR? It seems like a pretty odd brand name: "Snail Slime." Does it have any snail exudate in it or is that just "marketing?"

Productos-Baba.jpg

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There's tons of hair products like this in the DR with names like silicon, suela de zapato et al. I'd be very surprised to learn if any had the ingredients they advertize, even if it is labled as such.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I wonder if the psychology behind these names is "I'll try anything if it will make my hair straighter, even snail drool".

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I wonder if the psychology behind these names is "I'll try anything if it will make my hair straighter, even snail drool".

yea like the way that translates. Hummm think I will try that snail drool!

May 29, 2006
I was just reading a review of the hair product and it's suppose to be very good. They sell the 8oz jar for $10 each in the US and the person said they would have paid more:

Halka Baba de Caracol – Review | Dominican Blowout

And from what I've read, it sounds like the skin cream actually has snail slime in it. I've seen crushed shell as an ingredient but never slime.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Well, first it was whale sperm and now it's snail drool.

Really, the only question it all raises is, WHAT'S NEXT?
Squirrel eggs (I know, I know... they don't really...)?
Ant knee joint fluid?
Seahorse placenta?

:cheeky:

... J-D.

May 31, 2005
I used baba de caracol for a scar I had on the side of my temple and it disappeared completely. I had tried other things that did not work and this worked.

jerseygirl22

Jan 6, 2009
I use the baba de caracol products, and while i'm not sure if its real snail slime i'll tell you its smells good. The shampoos work like any other shampoo leaves the hair clean and ready to go. What i really like is that leave-in thing they sell, i think that works really well. The only reason i tried the product was because my aunt recommended it to me and she works in a salon, otherwise with that name i wouldn't have given it a second glance.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
el forstero's photo of an 80yr old woman with snails certainly shows how effective snail slime is, she only looked about 8 yrs old to me.

DominicanBabe

Apr 28, 2008
Is this a big brand of beauty products in the DR? It seems like a pretty odd brand name: "Snail Slime." Does it have any snail exudate in it or is that just "marketing?"

Productos-Baba.jpg

I LOVE these products. Whatever it has (LOL), it makes my hair soft and shiny. Sad I can't find them here.