Patio Table & Chairs + Sunbeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Hi All,
Once again I'd like to make use of the vast experience of the members. We (Eliie & myself) are back in Sosua this Saturday (1st May) and will be looking to buy a couple of sun-beds plus a round patio table and four chairs - but, obviously, don't want to spend a fortune on them.
I checked out the shop on the left on the main road out of Sosua last November and, although their stuff was nice, it was also very expensive.

Sunbed.jpg

Patio1.jpg

We are wondering if any member has ideas where we can get these for a reasonable price, that won't cost us a fortune in transport to move them.
As always, your suggestions are much appreciated.
Tropical Regards
Reidy & Mrs Reidy (Ian & Ellie)
anpalmisl.gif

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Thanks Ginnie - We'll be making a visit to La Sirena anyway as we need a few "bits and bobs" but, if we manage to get them cheaply, we are stuck with the problem of how to get them all back to Sosua as we have no transport.
I'm sure some enterprising Dominican has the answer to that question already worked out,
Regards
Ian & Ellie

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Ian - Use a motoconcho like a Dominican would! BTW - The apartment looks lovely, me and my colleagues sitting in rainy Yorkshire are all daydreaming about sunnier climes!

Rio

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
I'm not entirely sure what constitutes expensive - I have twice bought some loungers that I thought were very good value from Patioworks in Sosua (kind of opposite the mechanical carwash. They are chairs that you can customize (frame color and fabric shade). Ours have an aluminium frame (light silver) and white fabric and still look great after a long time. Previously, I have them in silver frame and dark blue fabric, right on the ocean front and they did not rust after 3 years, when pretty much everything else did. They are also comfortable. I paid $180 USD for a lounger.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi All,
Once again I'd like to make use of the vast experience of the members. We (Eliie & myself) are back in Sosua this Saturday (1st May) and will be looking to buy a couple of sun-beds plus a round patio table and four chairs - but, obviously, don't want to spend a fortune on them.
I checked out the shop on the left on the main road out of Sosua last November and, although their stuff was nice, it was also very expensive.

Sunbed.jpg

Patio1.jpg

We are wondering if any member has ideas where we can get these for a reasonable price, that won't cost us a fortune in transport to move them.
As always, your suggestions are much appreciated.
Tropical Regards
Reidy & Mrs Reidy (Ian & Ellie)
anpalmisl.gif

We bought ours from Pappetera in Gasper Hernandez a couple of years ago and they were far less expensive and they deliver anywhere I believe. They were not displayed in their showrooms at the time but their warehouse is another experience.... well worth a look!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
cheap sun-loungers ie recovered cleaned up ones can be found on the road to puerto plata from sosua near the large garden centre on the right after passing the airport turning.
You will see a pile of old broken chairs, dont be scared ...if there is noone there just stand by the side of the road and someoen will appear on a moto

The covers are new but the plastic goes a little grey after a time , as it has been sanded or bleached to clean it

Status
Not open for further replies.