Water Generator

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I am surprised that there is no mention of these on this site, they take humidity from the air, (always a lot of that in the DR) collect it and filter it. They are too expensive for a single person I think, but would be useful for families. One company that makes them is http://www.ecoloblue.com

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Is that like a swamp cooler?

A swamp cooler puts humidity back in the air. I lived in Arizona and with the very dry heat a swamp cooler felt like a/c, sometimes even colder.
The OP is talking about a machine that does just the opposite.
It sounds more in the realm of a De-humidifier....

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There's a couple of problems for a dehumidifier becoming popular here. One, it needs to be running all the time and the cost to create drinking water won't be justifiable. Two, most homes here are open to the atmosphere so the real effect of lowering the humidity will be very localized and minimal. In the even the house is closed no doubt it will have an air conditioner and this will strip the humidity out of the air.

Reactions: Vacara

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
There's a couple of problems for a dehumidifier becoming popular here. One, it needs to be running all the time and the cost to create drinking water won't be justifiable. Two, most homes here are open to the atmosphere so the real effect of lowering the humidity will be very localized and minimal. In the even the house is closed no doubt it will have an air conditioner and this will strip the humidity out of the air.

As usual, Chip's answer are spot on!.