Can I own a scooter

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have been waiting for a license plate for 2 years and have only been stopped for not wearing a helmet....paid the ( fine ) on the spot and was on my way without showing any paperwork whatsoever.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
so I can own it and my friend can drive it when i am not in the country. This is good . thanks guys
I would check into "who" is financially responsible in case of an accident with your vehicle.

Another reason insurance is a must. If the driver does not have a license, there may be a problem with the insurance paying a claim. Many people in the DR drive with no license.

Don

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Money vs. Law

I would check into "who" is financially responsible in case of an accident with your vehicle.
If your name is in the 'matricula' it is always a risk to let someone else use the vehicle.
As far as I know the holder (> matricula) is legally responsible for damages done with the vehicle.

However, if the driver has more money, they may disregard the law... :tired:

donP

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Nope the insurance companies are happy to take the money - but try to get the payout without a cedula....

the owner of the vehicle is legally liable in case of accident -they can also hold the driver responsible! So be very careful who drives your vehicle regardless of type.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Thats good news for us, thanks for the info, I completly misunderstood, however I will take the responsibility factor into serious account.:ermm:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Thats good news for us, thanks for the info, I completly misunderstood, however I will take the responsibility factor into serious account.:ermm:

Drive Defensively and responsibly and you will be fine.

Make sure you buy the right scooter especially the ones with the built in cooler under the seat.

I often pack a picnic with a few Coronas on Ice and go to a secluded beach where I can Kick Field goals with the limes through my Corona uprights!

Needless to say I bring the Brahama Lights for the second half!

Enjoy.

PC ...with corona and tequilla reduction!