Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can I own a scooter

If I buy one being Canadian can I have my name on the ownership or do I need someone there to own it.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davethebodyguard View Post
    If I buy one being Canadian can I have my name on the ownership or do I need someone there to own it.
    You can own it yourself and make sure to get insurance

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

so I can own it and my friend can drive it when i am not in the country. This is good . thanks guys

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been waiting for a license plate for 2 years and have only been stopped for not wearing a helmet....paid the ( fine ) on the spot and was on my way without showing any paperwork whatsoever.

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davethebodyguard View Post
    so I can own it and my friend can drive it when i am not in the country. This is good . thanks guys
    I would check into "who" is financially responsible in case of an accident with your vehicle.

Another reason insurance is a must. If the driver does not have a license, there may be a problem with the insurance paying a claim. Many people in the DR drive with no license.

Don

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Money vs. Law

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    I would check into "who" is financially responsible in case of an accident with your vehicle.
    If your name is in the 'matricula' it is always a risk to let someone else use the vehicle.
    As far as I know the holder (> matricula) is legally responsible for damages done with the vehicle.

However, if the driver has more money, they may disregard the law...

donP

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you had to have a cedula to buy vehicle insurance.??

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope the insurance companies are happy to take the money - but try to get the payout without a cedula....

the owner of the vehicle is legally liable in case of accident -they can also hold the driver responsible! So be very careful who drives your vehicle regardless of type.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats good news for us, thanks for the info, I completly misunderstood, however I will take the responsibility factor into serious account.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robbie View Post
    Thats good news for us, thanks for the info, I completly misunderstood, however I will take the responsibility factor into serious account.
    Drive Defensively and responsibly and you will be fine.

Make sure you buy the right scooter especially the ones with the built in cooler under the seat.

I often pack a picnic with a few Coronas on Ice and go to a secluded beach where I can Kick Field goals with the limes through my Corona uprights!

Needless to say I bring the Brahama Lights for the second half!

Enjoy.

PC ...with corona and tequilla reduction!