Dog Training: Flydisk (Frisbee) Seminar

Weasel

May 22, 2007
The Club Dominicano de Deportes Caninos is organizing a Seminar for Flydisk (Frisbee) next weekend in Santo Domingo.
Date: 8 and 9 of May, 2010.
Place: Ring de la Federaci?n Canina Dominicana. Feria Ganadera, Santo Domingo.

Program
Saturday (starting at 13:00):
? How to throw the disk (w/o dog)
? Warm up and cool down techniques for the dog
? Canine physiology
? Training techniques to improve the physical condition of your dog

Sunday (starting at 9:00):
? How to get the dog interested in chasing a disk
? Individual work with the instructors
? Question and Answer session
? Little competition amongst the participants

This event is organized by the Club Dominicano de Deportes Caninos and will be taught by three instructors, two of which have competed on world cup level.

The number of participants with dogs is limited to 15. The cost of the seminar is DOP 2000 per person (with one dog), additional dogs are DOP 500.

Seminar - Frisbee / Flydisk | Facebook

For more information, reservations, questions etc. please contact below:

Club Dominicano de Deportes Caninos | Facebook
http://deportescaninos.com - info@deportescaninos.com

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Belgiank and I are looking forward to giving this seminar but Weasel...the official name of the sport is Canine Flying Disc Sport.

I know, I know, I am bikkering about it but playing already several years at the highest level makes me sensitive to such things...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
We are very proud to announce that the 3th instructor, and our good friend, today became 3th in the Belgian Championship, together with her working Kelpie, Zirka.

Tomorrow she is arriving here, to bring us a new Malinois pup, and is also bringing Zirka...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We are very proud to announce that the 3th instructor, and our good friend, today became 3th in the Belgian Championship, together with her working Kelpie, Zirka.

Tomorrow she is arriving here, to bring us a new Malinois pup, and is also bringing Zirka...

I can't wait to meet her, also the new pup and Zirka.... a great arrival!!!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Whirleybird...love to visit you with Ann and Zirka but...
Then I suggest that you put your sheep into a closed pen.
Zirka being a working kelpie herds very well but in the way a kelpie does...and thats jumping on top of the sheep :cheeky:
Thats why we didn't bring our aussie Flash to visit you yet...she is a real texan working aussie so she herds by pinching in the heels or nose of sheep and horses and cattle ;)

A few more hours and we can welcome them on this fantastic island and I am looking forward to our new puppy!

A few day's to recover from the trip and then its of to the seminar and somehow...Acira knows it :)

yess

Jun 1, 2008
maybe you are just being humorous - but wouldn't experienced working herding dogs also be trained to wait and NOT herd until told to do so?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
It is serious and great sport...

whether played for fun (as most people do...) or as a serious dog-sport... canine flying disc sports (or dogfrisbee) is the sport to create a great bond with your dog as you are really playing with him/her...

for those people with a hyperactive dog... this is the solution... 2 minutes of playing in the garden... and your dog lies panting for 15 minutes and is quiet for the remainder of the evening... (mind you... only dogs... does not work for hyperactive wifes, husbands, or children...:bunny:)

but seriously... the downside... the owner of the dog needs some proper training... hmmmmpffff

There are some requirements...
- the right frisbee (there are special frisbees for dogs with a reason...)
- some good throwing techniques...
- and a healthy dog... (believe me when I say this is an extremely demanding sport for the dog...)

And that is what we are going to explain to you the upcoming weekend..:bunny::bunny:

Teedjay

May 28, 2004
First day of training

Just coming back from the first day of the seminar and all I can say is that it was great fun !

Belgiank and Acira are great dog trainers, so if any of you dog-owner-DR1-reader is in Santo Domingo this sunday (May 9th), don't hesitate to join us at the exhibition ring of the Dominican canine dog federation in the Feria Ganadera.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Just coming back from the first day of the seminar and all I can say is that it was great fun !

Belgiank and Acira are great dog trainers, so if any of you dog-owner-DR1-reader is in Santo Domingo this sunday (May 9th), don't hesitate to join us at the exhibition ring of the Dominican canine dog federation in the Feria Ganadera.

This an all day thing? Main Arena?

Teedjay

May 28, 2004
Yes, it's scheduled to start at 9 am till 5 pm.

When you enter in the Feria via the main entrance on the Malecon, take a left at the round about, heading towards the track for remote control cars. At that point, turn right and keep going till you see a bunch of people with dogs somewhere on your left hand side (there'll dog food advertising on the outside of the ring).