Loud and Very Annoying Elections

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
For the past 10 days or so there have been an average of 5-6 very loud, no not loud, deafening election trucks going up and down the streets trying to promote another gaggle of idiot politicians. Nobody I have asked seems to be able to answer one question.....When is it going to end.
I think I am going to buy a pellet rifle and shoot out their speakers as they drive by the house.......

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
For the past 10 days or so there have been an average of 5-6 very loud, no not loud, deafening election trucks going up and down the streets trying to promote another gaggle of idiot politicians. Nobody I have asked seems to be able to answer one question.....When is it going to end.
I think I am going to buy a pellet rifle and shoot out their speakers as they drive by the house.......

Probably not until the election is over....brace yourself for another couple of weeks of "entertainment".

AE

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I think campaigning stops at close of play on May 13th. Then we have the Friday & Saturday for er........ quiet, contemplative reflection :cheeky: before all hell breaks out again on election day.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am very grateful for living in a gated community - no election cars pass by. but i work next door to PRD building and i have seen it all... not only PRD meetings but also PLD caravans - apparently it is good to pass by the nose of the enemy.
in a way i have been enjoying this. elections in poland are full of some old, dried up farts talking crap; sans music and sans entertainment. DR has way more lively atmposphere. whenever i see a political rally i fight the urge to fire a shot in the air - i am sure half of the participants would pull out their guns and start shooting anything that moves :)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think campaigning stops at close of play on May 13th. Then we have the Friday & Saturday for er........ quiet, contemplative reflection :cheeky: before all hell breaks out again on election day.

That is right, there is a calm before the storm.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004

There must be an electronic way to disable speakers from a distance?

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
Maybe a friendly NGO could order up one of these, for use on grandstanding politicians to disperse political gatherings (and then the crowd could truthfully shout "Liar, Liar, pants on fire!")

Raytheon Company: Features: Active Denial System

It might also encourage the drivers of these annoying speaker trucks cruising neighborhoods to hit the gas and get out of Dodge.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Maybe a friendly NGO could order up one of these, for use on grandstanding politicians to disperse political gatherings (and then the crowd could truthfully shout "Liar, Liar, pants on fire!")

Raytheon Company: Features: Active Denial System

It might also encourage the drivers of these annoying speaker trucks cruising neighborhoods to hit the gas and get out of Dodge.

These are just a little bit smaller than microwaves. No wonder it causes "an intolerable heating sensation."
Holy crap!

It is very, very mean to project this frequency at people.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
i am sure half of the participants would pull out their guns and start shooting anything that moves :)

Rather the more likely scenario is someone will pull out the rum and miraculously everyone are friends. Seen it happen. Sometimes life is good.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Medio Ambiente takes a break

Secretaria de Estado de Medio Ambiente takes a break during politicking seasons rather than get on the bad side of the politicos who vote for funding for Medio Ambiente.

There is a very well known local and powerful politician in the east of the red party who has a very large cami?n de sonido to spread his message. You can hear his message from kilometers away, as the campaign vehicle draws close other vehicles parked along the road the sound sets off the alarm systems of vehicles so armed. So, the result is a concert of political babble and unharmonious complaints from the alarms and aching ears.

Welcome to the DR !!!!

Regards,
PJT

Nov 25, 2008
My motto is "if you can hear them then DON'T vote for them", so that's everyone
their all a bunch of thieves looking for their Jackpot

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Being new to Sosua, I think it's quite cool to see so many young people being passionate about politics. The young in Canada and USA are too busy watching TV or surfing the net to be involved and most have no idea who is running the country.

Reactions: Tamborista

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Being new to Sosua, I think it's quite cool to see so many young people being passionate about politics. The young in Canada and USA are too busy watching TV or surfing the net to be involved and most have no idea who is running the country.

It's important to them because they know they might get a new sidewalk on their street. We did last week.....all the work was done by Haitianos, not one Dominican in the bunch, just the boss.

May 31, 2005
Plus there is always a party. Who does not want to hang out and drink presidentes? hahahaha Of course the young people will be there.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
This one is posh but am glad am not the driver

97l7ja.jpg

Matilda

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
The pellet idea is not a good one. They'll shoot back to you with REAL bullets.
The elections will be over after May 17th.. just be cool about it. My 50 cents.

;)

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003

Well passionate for politics...lol. Passionate for party, whoever the host is. I understand them.