Next dominican president

be4unvme

Jan 22, 2010
hey ive been watching some vids on youtube about my country DR of course and came accross hipolito mejia 2012 ads called "llego papa". i am very offended by it. not because he wants to be the nations father but because people can be fooled by that idiot. i am a political athiest meaning i dont believe in their bullsh!t, but i do prefer leonel fenandez or his wife to run again. the DR has been booming under his administration because he has opened up to the world and has been maintaining economic stability that has seen a best light the DR has ever seen in its history. sure theres corruption which im against but not as bad as hipolitos missing 2.8 billion DOLLARS. leonel has even addressed corruption and is trying his best. so enough about leonel and lets get back to my question is the baboon hipolito capable of getting reelected? ive been really concerned over this. if not then who wil most likely be the next president? and who is best fit for the job?

a little about me im 19 living in NY, things only look to be heading south for US so im planning on leaving and starting a business in DR but want to make sure that theres economic stability. i am a conservative yet liberal minded, i belive in capitalism, freedom, prosperity and peace. i believe small gov for less dependency and more personal responsibility. if theres another country that i wish DR was like it should be Switzerland

MODS IF I PUT IN WRONG SECTION, SORRY PLZ MOVE

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hipolito mejia is an absolute shoe in, and we will have 70 Pesos to the dollar.

Happy day's are here again...
LOL.gif

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hipolito mejia is an absolute shoe in, and we will have 70 Pesos to the dollar.

Happy day's are here again...
LOL.gif

That would just about make up for my losses when Leonel took it from 40+ to 22 overnight.

be4unvme

Jan 22, 2010
thanks for the comment windeguy yeah I rather educate myself with knowlegde on my time rather than playing cod on ps3. like you said the margarita might win but what worries me is el machismo y racismo de RD.

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
What about the growing external debt that Fernandez has placed on the backs of future Dominicanos?

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
Next president is Leonel, and after that it's Leonel again, and after that it's Leonel again.... at least in is mind :eek:gre:

be4unvme

Jan 22, 2010
What about the growing external debt that Fernandez has placed on the backs of future Dominicanos?

thats something that i have worried about greatly, but one thing good is that the money is being invested on what would benefit us in the future. not like in US where money is being borrowed for wars, leonel has been paying some of it off. i been reading some of it in the news paper el nacional but i cant find it no more. its so hard to stay informed about the DR

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Today's DR1/News as well as a previous post here suggests that Fernandez will be a candidate for re-election in 2012. Does the new DR constitution permit this?

be4unvme

Jan 22, 2010
Today's DR1/News as well as a previous post here suggests that Fernandez will be a candidate for re-election in 2012. Does the new DR constitution permit this?

idk does it, i barely know anything about it.

JFD

Feb 10, 2010

No yet, but don't worry they'll take car of it.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
No yet, but don't worry they'll take car of it.

I believe you JFD. Sad that the political elite tout adherence to the rule of law until it doesn't fit in with thier ambitions. The PLD will probably win significant majorities in the legislature in this election and will amend the constitution under the new more liberalized provisions to permit Leonel to run as many times as he desires. I have nothing against the president and had hopes for change in the politics and governance of the DR when he was elected. Naive, huh?!

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
She's just a puppet Leonel will use in case he can't modify the constitution.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I've been looking at DR politics from my perch here in the US for a little more than ten years now and I've been asking myself as I read the predictions of who will be the next president: does it matter who? Will there be a change in policy or focus depending on who is president? Would it make a difference if the next president is a woman? I'd be really interested in hearing what you think.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
After the upcoming elections, we will know if it will be a Presidente or a Presidenta based upon if Leonel can get the constitution modified or not. I am beginning to see parallels here with other world leaders like Chavez and the Clintons.

As well the less than favorable duo in Argentina-The Kirschners.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Ron: You hit the nail on the head...it matters not at all who's the next president, because in the end we have the same people running the country the same way. for that reason alone I would like the Leonel dynasty to continue, not because I'm a fan, but because they at least have maintained a stable currency (albeit artificially inflated) and the other option is The PRD which as we know historically has been a disaster for the country.

So what I hope for is that Leonel stays for another 20 more years. My rational is that hopefully in a few more years his cadres get so rich that they actually stop stealing the people's money, instead of having a new set of very thirsty thieves come to power every four years....and hopefully by then the current crop of corrupt politicians has died out or retired and a new more conscientious generation arises to take their place.

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
There is only one party here, different colors but same methods, same lack of ideas and initiatives, same corruption.
We have to fight for education, only education will save the country from complete failure.