any big acts playing in the DR May 14 -20?

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Just wondering if any of out resident Dominican friends have seen dates posted on lamposts, billboards of any of the bachata biggies playing in the DR the week of May 14 o may 20? And another one - not related- any airshows in the DR during the period by any chance?? I think there is usually a big one at Herrera aroudn this time, but any info on aircraft museums, airshows greatly appreciated. cheers

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I have no knowledge of air shows or concerts, etc., but I know the election is May 16 and that not much goes on at that time other than campaigning.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
What part of the country are you talking about? If you are staying on the south coast then you might not be interested in a concert in Cabarete!

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
LOL that is funny. well if you are staying in Punta Cana are you willing to drive 8 or 9 hours each way to get to Cabarete? I think not.

This country is bigger then you think. And getting from point A to point B isn't always as easy as it seems!!!!

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Yes they have planes but depending where you are going that may not be practical. Best thing - find a concert near enough to where you will be. They usually do not publicize them until 5 or 6 days before. Good luck

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Actually, regularly scheduled domestic flights within the DR have pretty much disappeared. Apparently they were not profitable. Charters may be an option if you have enough people or money is no object. The new Samana highway has greatly reduced driving times between places like Punta Cana and the North coast, but it can still be a pretty much all day trip to some destinations.