Got a ticket, where do I pay?

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
I got a ticket about a month ago, but I have no idea where to pay, the ticket was BS too, apparently, you can't run a yellow light.

In any case, the cop told me to go to BanReservas, the clerk there told me I had to go somewhere else, but he did not know where to go exactly, so does anyone know where I need to go to pay this off?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I got a ticket about a month ago, but I have no idea where to pay, the ticket was BS too, apparently, you can't run a yellow light.

In any case, the cop told me to go to BanReservas, the clerk there told me I had to go somewhere else, but he did not know where to go exactly, so does anyone know where I need to go to pay this off?

I would try going back to the spot where you received the ticket and pay the same cop. That's probably what he really wanted in the first place. :ermm:

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
I got a ticket last week...the process is to go to the nearest government building first, where they stamp the ticket and give you some sort of voucher. After you have the voucher from them go to BanReservas and pay for it there. They will keep the ticket and the voucher and provide you with a receipt for payment.

calle13

May 2, 2009
Hi, I have gotten 2 tickets here from amet using my dominican drivers licence. The first one was for:

1. Talking on the cell phone while i was stopped at a red light-(Yes, Stopped)

2. Obstructing Traffic (running a yellow light too)

The amet court in santo domingo is located right of John F Kennedy on your way to ensanchez Luperon (or capotillo). There are a few lines to wait on and you eventually see a DA or Prosecuting attorney. He will tell you how much and then he gives you a form to pay. (or a trial date)

After sometime inside I had my Dominican friend (who is a girl) negotiate a side deal which got both dismissed (plus 300 pesos sur charge).

Was your ticket on a passport or local ID?

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
are you allowed to talk on a cell phone at traffic lights in the usa ?

It is not whether the vehicle is in motion- it is the operation of the vehicle and use of the cell that are the elements of the offense- at least in NYC.

Following answer quoted from NYPD:

"The answer to the question "Are you in violation of the law if using your phone while stopped at a light" is yes. I've been with the NYPD for 30 years, and I've seen many DWI cases. The law is the same. The second you put your key in the ignition and start the engine, you are operating the vehicle, whether or not it's in motion. When a person is distracted - be it by alcohol or cell phone - that person is breaking the Vehicle and Traffic Laws."

Last edited:

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Following answer quoted from NYPD:

"The answer to the question "Are you in violation of the law if using your phone while stopped at a light" is yes. I've been with the NYPD for 30 years, and I've seen many DWI cases. The law is the same. The second you put your key in the ignition and start the engine, you are operating the vehicle, whether or not it's in motion. When a person is distracted - be it by alcohol or cell phone - that person is breaking the Vehicle and Traffic Laws."[/QUOTE]

Which is why I don't live in Nueva Yol, in Florida I start-up the H1, crack a beer, and start a conference call....they don't appreciate the open container, but the phone is not a problem

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
In NYC there is a law that says you have to use a handsfree cell phone device. There is no law that says you cant use a cell phone. And additionally the law is unenforceable, this law is bogus and has no merit. It tries to equate cell phone use similar to DUI and also as a safety issue. Well there is no scientific proof of these claims.
DUIs means your comprehension has been impaired by alcohol. Cell phones dont do that. Technically there is no difference between a cell phone, a car stereo or a CB radio as a manner of "distraction". If you could stand the 9-12 months it will take you to fight the ticket it will ALWAYS get dismissed. But if you cant bother with it, then you just send in the $60.

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Well, I went back to the bank, and they said some tickets can be paid there, some you have to go the what I assume would be the police headquarters. I was able to pay mine in the bank, I got a receipt, just in case this somehow comes up.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
In NYC there is a law that says you have to use a handsfree cell phone device. There is no law that says you cant use a cell phone. And additionally the law is unenforceable, this law is bogus and has no merit. It tries to equate cell phone use similar to DUI and also as a safety issue. Well there is no scientific proof of these claims.
DUIs means your comprehension has been impaired by alcohol. Cell phones dont do that. Technically there is no difference between a cell phone, a car stereo or a CB radio as a manner of "distraction". If you could stand the 9-12 months it will take you to fight the ticket it will ALWAYS get dismissed. But if you cant bother with it, then you just send in the $60.

Just before I left the UK I got rear ended by a truck at quite high speed, the driver was talking on his phone. Luckily for me I was in my own car which was strong enough to absorb the impact, if I had been in my wife's car I doubt that I would be here now!