Raulin Rodriguez en Toronto, 21 de Maio 2010

todiscover

May 17, 2007
Raulin Rodriguez ?El Casique de La Bachata? en Toronto

Organizado por: Magiaradio.com & Estofa Productions

Lugar: La Luna Banquet Hall. 30 Gordon Mackay Rd. (Jane & Wilson)
Fecha: Viernes 21 de mayo, 2010
Hora: 9.00 pm
Valor: $30.00 Por adelantado $35.00 en la puerta
M?s Info: kico 416-854-1042, Magia Radio
El Mejor regalo para las madres en su dia. Long Weekend Mother?s Day.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
If he shows up...

First of all thanks to the OP for posting this concert info because I probably would have missed it. I have not been following Latin music and events consistently for the past two years. When I checked last month for upcoming concerts/ events Raul?n’s show was not posted. I think the opportunity may have slipped by.

Anyway will he show up in Canada this time? I hope so. He had scheduled shows in Toronto and Montreal in 2006 and cancelled hours before the show. That’s not very nice especially for avid followers of his music. Needless to say I was disappointed. However, this looks like it may happen this time because he's on tour right now. He sold out in New York and I think he will get a good turn out when he crosses the border once the concert is well promoted.

Just when I thought bachata is slowing down and that even greats like Raul?n were sort of taking a back seat, here he comes to the rescue. Bachata definitely has changed over the past decade. In my opinion, there are too many artists now (fly by night) but many don’t have the quality of any of the greats back in the day as Luis Vargas would say – 'cuando la bachata ten?a mala fama'. Artists like Luis Vargas, Raul?n Rodriguez, Antony Santos, Joe Veras, Luis Segura etc survived the test of time. Their music is bachata as it is meant to be. Anything else is just imitation.

I have not heard or seen any new music from Raul?n since his December 2008 release of Parece mentira which is a tremendous album and display of Raul?n in top form. Anyway he has so many good songs in his repertoire that he can sing for years to come without any new music. I am sure he will please us with some of his classics like Medicina de amor, La loca, Soledad, and some of his more modern day hits like Piel sin alma, Si no te tengo, Se me salen las l?grimas etc.

14mdsbc.jpg
A classic album from back in the day- Medicina de amor

Welcome in advance Raul?n! You have a lot fans in Toronto and Montreal!

-MP.

Last edited:
May 29, 2006
I used to be a huge fan of Raulin and it was one of the reasons I decided to finally take up Spanish, but I have not been impressed with anything new he has put out in a VERY long time. He has really lost his roots and the whole cowboy costume is very odd indeed.

Saw Raulin in Sosua many years ago at the CarWash and it was a good show with a crappy sound system and lighting. I got a big kick out of him reading love notes on stage. His live albums are good.

Glad to hear the album you mentioned was good. I'll check it out.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
MP,

Check these websites on a regular basis for events in Toronto and you likely will find out there first before they are posted on DR1:

torontodominicano.com
torontohispano.com
prezent.ca

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Go back to his albums of the 90's and early year 2000 years...

I used to be a huge fan of Raulin and it was one of the reasons I decided to finally take up Spanish, but I have not been impressed with anything new he has put out in a VERY long time. He has really lost his roots and the whole cowboy costume is very odd indeed.

Saw Raulin in Sosua many years ago at the CarWash and it was a good show with a crappy sound system and lighting. I got a big kick out of him reading love notes on stage. His live albums are good.

Glad to hear the album you mentioned was good. I'll check it out.

Raulin's music changed from 2004 going forward. Compare his albums from 1993-2003 you will see what I mean. Same guy different acoustics.

MP,

Check these websites on a regular basis for events in Toronto and you likely will find out there first before they are posted on DR1:

torontodominicano.com
torontohispano.com
prezent.ca

Thanks but I don't rely on DR1 for any Latin info. Those sites you posted are okay but I think Torontohispano.com is the most complete and thorough and the only one I browse from time to time. When I looked the concert info was not there and probably would not have checked again for a while if I had not seen this thread on DR1. Therefore posting info is indeed helpful.

-MP.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Therefore posting info is indeed helpful.
-MP.

Of course posting the info on here is helpful and I'm always thankful to those that do post info. I was just giving you other places to find upcoming events. Torontodominicano.com has been advertising the Raulin concert for about a month.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Great show....

Otra, otra, otra, otra...y yo no quisiera llorar por ti pero se me salen las l?grimas....

What a great performance by El Cacique del amargue- the one and only Raul?n Rodr?guez. This was his first performance in Toronto and my first chance to see him live and he did not disappoint. His songs have always said a lot about him as a singer and bachatero but he truly is talented and with plenty of charisma...ummm how many shots of Brugal did he have before getting on stage... The guy came prepared to perform and the energy was perfect.

When you are in sink with an artist you just know what songs to expect to hear in a live performance. I was right. His opening song was Se me salen las l?grimas followed by La Loca and then Soledad, they just set the pace for more of his great hits. He sang many old songs (some by request of the crowd) and almost all songs from his album Medicina de amor. For those who know about Raul?n know how big that production was for him.

All I can say is he performed well, he has some nice moves, and his music says a lot about the man himself. Definitely a class act. Watch out Montreal ...(tonight) here comes Raul?n.

-MP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
those kind of typos are a thing of the past for me....

unless they really change the meaning of what I want to say and people can tell. I just let it be.

We should have more editing time in the new forum similar to when I first started posting on DR1!

Raul?n is definitely a true bachatero!

-MP.

Last edited: