Marble finish effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Does anyone have any suggestions on who does the skim coat cement that looks like marble? Not sure if I am describing the process properly, but have seen it done on the outside of several buildings.
Thanks for any suggestions.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
micro-cement

I think it is micro-cement by Micro-Dom - but be warned...... we have it in many places in our hotel and we will have to replace all the micro-cement floors because of cracking - the walls which were done (5 months ago) are still fine though. I don't have their number and even if I did, would not actually recommend them.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Thanks, but I knew I wasn't describing this correctly. It is a rough coat that appears on the outside of new buildings... it has a light beige finish with darker swirls through it... I want to use it on a covered outside dining area... so the rough texture as opposed to "marble" is what I am looking for. Marble being a term of different colour and vein effects in my minds eye!!! Again thanks and sorry I am not more able to communicate my thoughts better!!

siegs

May 9, 2006
Maybe this?

You might want to look into "stained" concrete. By staining your concrete floor or patio or whatever you can come up with virtually any finish that appeals to you.
If you were up here near the Windy City I could be of more help.
PS. I'm not unwilling to travel for work.;)
Have a look...

stained concrete floors photos - Google Search

Status
Not open for further replies.