May 5, 2009
6a00d834518de369e20120a7ece847970b-800wi

Need to say no words!.

Reactions: AlterEgo

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Speaking of perfect Dominican food, what about yucca and fried porkchops for breakfast or bacalao and boiled plaintain? For that matter bacalao is also good with yucca, then too eggs, rice....

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
The con con looks great but I like the edges a little more crispy :cheeky:. We eat yuca with bacalao guisado all the time. Yummy.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
Naaaaahhhh!! Too small of a pot! But it sure looks good!

Hard to get it perfectly rounded like this if the pot is bigger.

To Chip; do you know (or anybody else for that matter) what other countries eat boiled green plantain?, most nationalities I know eat it fried (tostones).

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
do you know (or anybody else for that matter) what other countries eat boiled green plantain?, most nationalities I know eat it fried (tostones).

Many countries in Africa eat both green plantain (boiled and fried).

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

To Chip; do you know (or anybody else for that matter) what other countries eat boiled green plantain?, most nationalities I know eat it fried (tostones).

Nope.

I would like to add that I can't eat plantian everyday though, been there done that. A couple of times a week is the most I like, especially a couple of pieces for bfast.

las2137

Sep 1, 2008

Hondurans eat green plantains (guineos) boiled- either on a plate as an accompaniment or in soups, etc.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Getting back to con-con

My husband was Filipino, so something like con-con was completely unacceptable. Every grain of rice had to be fluffy and perfectly cooked.

Last night I was thinking about con-con and remembered a young couple we knew who were Iranian. The wife had a Persian-style rice cooker and I remember wondering why anyone would choose to make the bottom layer of rice brown and crispy. Her cooker had settings for the level of crispiness.

Just for fun, I did a search and found one. Here it is for all those who like con-con but can't manage it properly.

Persian-style Automatic rice cooker Pars - kalamala.com | Iranian Food and Grocery

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My husband was Filipino, so something like con-con was completely unacceptable. Every grain of rice had to be fluffy and perfectly cooked.

Last night I was thinking about con-con and remembered a young couple we knew who were Iranian. The wife had a Persian-style rice cooker and I remember wondering why anyone would choose to make the bottom layer of rice brown and crispy. Her cooker had settings for the level of crispiness.

Just for fun, I did a search and found one. Here it is for all those who like con-con but can't manage it properly.

Persian-style Automatic rice cooker Pars - kalamala.com | Iranian Food and Grocery

Wow, very interesting find!!!!

AE

May 29, 2006
I would think a good enamel cast iron Dutch oven would be great for cooking rice Dominican style. They are not cheap at about $45, but they last forever and so much nicer than an aluminium pot.

31golkeanrlsl500aa280.jpg

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Naaaaahhhh!! Too small of a pot! But it sure looks good!
It is the same size the one I use every day to fix my rice all it needs is to be mixed with a creamy beans and hhmmm, QUE MARAVILLA....

JJ