My New Santiago!

jet

Jan 12, 2009
Although this time around I landed in Puerto Plata and stayed at a hotel, not far from the beach, I indeed returned to the city of Santiago, leaving my ?tourist? life behind me.

The city of Santiago seemed as busy as usual. The only thing that had changed was my perspective on everything! I was so much more relaxed. I even took time to visit my godmother and godfather. I had not seen them both for about 20 years!

Wow, what treasured moments!

I, or should I be saying, my family and I visited museums, restaurants, parks, and went shopping to various places. The lady and I even went to a casual nightclub to enjoy some dancing!

Just wanted to apologize to anyone who might still remember my last, panicking post (About six months ago) regarding my state of false insecurity and lack of confidence and trust in the people of Santiago.

What has changed this time around, believe it or not, is my exposure to other people?s frame of reference, including those of the people participating in this forum; which is the reason that I have decided to post this new thread, so that you can continue to enlighten me by perhaps sharing your own stories of living in Santiago with me and the rest.

Thank you all.