Rental Car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M&R

Aug 4, 2009
My dominican husband and I are coming to POP mid June and need to rent a car for 2 weeks - FULL INSURANCE - no deductible -
Price needs to be reasonable and car needs to be in good condition from a car rental company!

Any suggestions???

Thank you in advance!

CanWest66

May 11, 2008
Canada
Expedia

I usually book online through expedia. My collision and damage insurance is covered if I book andpay with my platinum master card, it saves a bundle, then if you wish you can buy the personal and third party liability on line when you make your booking. I have found Europcar to have the best rates and I have usually been quite satisfied with the vehicles and service and have yet to encounter and major hassle.
Cheers and good luck.

Reactions: Black Dog

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
My Dominican husband!! Sound to me that you need a nice suv, you'll find rents cars with luxurious vehicles covered with the best insurance policy.;)

JJ

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Hopefully someday I'll understand why folks that marry citizens from this country need to announce it to everyone every chance they can.

What difference does it make WHERE your spouse is from???

yeah but since she mentioned it, why isn't HE making the arrangements for a rental car? What was he prior to becoming a Dominican husband? A Dominican Cabana Boy? Sheesh!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I usually book online through expedia. My collision and damage insurance is covered if I book andpay with my platinum master card, it saves a bundle, then if you wish you can buy the personal and third party liability on line when you make your booking. I have found Europcar to have the best rates and I have usually been quite satisfied with the vehicles and service and have yet to encounter and major hassle.
Cheers and good luck.

There is no choice whether to select third party liability, it is mandatory when using credit card CDW.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Two pieces of advice for what it's worth
1) go with CanWest's recommendation
2) ignore (if you can) the comments about your husband
Have a good trip!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Just as a side point, my wife books all our travel arrangements, car hire etc. It's no big deal, I'm just happy for her to choose/decide where, when and how!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Just as a side point, my wife books all our travel arrangements, car hire etc. It's no big deal, I'm just happy for her to choose/decide where, when and how!

My point was not one of gender. He is Dominicano and one would think that the details of a trip to his homeland would be right up his alley. If I was going to Nairobi I would damn sure step aside and let my Kenyan wife make all the arrangements....common sense. Daam.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
and yet, without knowing her or her husband, you felt it necessary to insult her husband and ask wether he was a dominican cabana boy.

do you appreciate unfounded insults toward your kenyan wife?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
and yet, without knowing her or her husband, you felt it necessary to insult her husband and ask wether he was a dominican cabana boy...........................

Mr. Naptime you are 100% correct. Unfortunately comments like that are what keeps a lot of people lurking and not posting.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I dont understand it that way. To me the cabana boy statement was a jibe at the husband because unless he is the most uninformed or illiterate he would have contacts on whom to "borrow" or rent a car from during his stay. Why let the foreign wife who doesnt know the ins and outs of the culture make the details? Some people may like to do all the planning and some people like to let others do it. But I agree with grey if I m going someplace where the other member of my party is from I would like some input or the goings on and how to get things done.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I dont understand it that way. To me the cabana boy statement was a jibe at the husband because unless he is the most uninformed or illiterate he would have contacts on whom to "borrow" or rent a car from during his stay. Why let the foreign wife who doesnt know the ins and outs of the culture make the details? Some people may like to do all the planning and some people like to let others do it. But I agree with grey if I m going someplace where the other member of my party is from I would like some input or the goings on and how to get things done.

You don't need to know the culture to rent a car. Maybe the husband is not from the POP area, maybe the husband has never rented a car, a whole lot of maybes. The bottom line is the remark has absolutely nothing to do with helping the OP rent a car. Read the entire thread and count how many helpful replies the OP received. The woman used "one word" and because of that she has to read BS from some posters. Sad, sad, sad............

M&R

Aug 4, 2009
Wow - ou all have it wrong - People who feel the need to insult others are people who have no self esteem themselves...
I do not need to answer to any of your insults about my way of writing or my husband - you probably do not have a job yourself...Grey Dread! Maybe you should clean up your act and you can then be the CABANA Boy!

Thank you to all other for the advise and for standing up for me! Just to let you know - My husband is an amazing individual who provides for his family - I am making these arrangements as that is what I enjoy doing -

Thanks again to all the NICE people on this board and the otehrs can go to H...!

CanWest66

May 11, 2008
Canada
Awsome

Wow - ou all have it wrong - People who feel the need to insult others are people who have no self esteem themselves...
I do not need to answer to any of your insults about my way of writing or my husband - you probably do not have a job yourself...Grey Dread! Maybe you should clean up your act and you can then be the CABANA Boy!

Thank you to all other for the advise and for standing up for me! Just to let you know - My husband is an amazing individual who provides for his family - I am making these arrangements as that is what I enjoy doing -

Thanks again to all the NICE people on this board and the otehrs can go to H...!

Bravo! good for you I could not agree more. The mouth breathing mob of sad sacs who have nothing better to do than cruise this site and pick people apart and insult them and foist their banal ridiculous chatter on the rest of us need to put their place!!!

The best of luck to you and your husband. Feel free to send me a PM if I can be of any assistance.

Cheers.

Dominicanero

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
Hopefully someday I'll understand why folks that marry citizens from this country need to announce it to everyone every chance they can.

What difference does it make WHERE your spouse is from???

Maybe she's proud to have a REAL man finally instead of a weak, whiny, childish, emasculated eunuch like most white Americans/Canadians/Europeans are, a prime example being the rude commenters on this thread who feel safe to spew B.S. behind the safety of their keyboard.

Dominicanero

Banned
Jun 27, 2009

Don't let the de-balled eunuchs who made the rude comments get you down. Just take it from the source. Their countries are falling apart and they're too weak to stand up even though they're the physical majority.

Fifty years ago non-whites lived in fear in America. Today it's the Whites who grovel in fear despite still being the physical majority.
Listen to how they whine and cry in America about "reverse discrimination" or "illegal immigration", but do NOTHING except elect traitors who bend them over and ream their a$$es out like the eunuchs they are.

Can you imagine Dominicans, Mexicans, Chinese, or ANY non-white whining in fear in their own countries like little girls because a small number of whites living in their country are getting over on them? Of course not! It would NEVER happen.

So let them make their childish comments. In another 40 years America will be Aztlan and these wimps won't be around to post anything. They'll be begging for jobs from their Mexican Masters.

Status
Not open for further replies.