Looking for a flexible friend !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Having had my pipe chewed by a rat I am now on the look out for a fexible outlet pipe for my washing machine - tried freddys he only has ones that are too small ..... whereelse would I find one

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Ratty Rat

Having had my pipe chewed by a rat _____

But you are female, aren't you? :cheeky:

BTW, there are flexible metal pipes / hoses (normally used for exhausts) - problem would be to fit it to the machine fitting.

But you could also use it as a protection sleeve over a new rubber hose.

donP

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Having had my pipe chewed by a rat I am now on the look out for a fexible outlet pipe for my washing machine - tried freddys he only has ones that are too small ..... whereelse would I find one

Try the Shark Bar after midnight!

;)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
thanks for the tip Tambo....:laugh:

i'm arriving in 4 weeks maybe i could bring you a flexible friend from home depot. that's if customs doesnt think it's a pipe bomb or something....

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
You will find anything you need for your washing machine or stove at "Estufama" there are three stores but they are located in Santiago.

JJ

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
something rubber over the end might do it , with the pipe inside the rubber- but cant find anything in rubber either

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
maybe have to wait to go to santiago, although it seems strange that it doesnt exist on the north coast

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Santiago es Santiago, lo demas es monte y culebra...

JJ

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
lol ..forest and snakes (Sorry I had to google translate but I am trying to learn..I know what rubber is now lol)...I wonder what freddy uses to mend washing machines when he doesnt have the parts

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
lol ..forest and snakes (Sorry I had to google translate but I am trying to learn..I know what rubber is now lol)...I wonder what freddy uses to mend washing machines when he doesnt have the parts
OK, I'm your friendly guy today. i'll give an idea:
This is what I do in this case, go to the ferreteria and get two standard femail hose adapters them go to a auto parst store and buy by feet the rubber hose.:surprised

JJ

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
tried auto places for rubber hose, two places said they didnt have any , maybe i was asking for pantyhose in spanish lol

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
no i have two washing machines- bought new one, managed to mend old one with bit cut off vacuum cleaner, now new one chewed by rat and vacuum hose doesnt fit new one

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
rubber hose = manguera de goma

lavando a mano = washing by hand
double meaning for self gratification...lol

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
For the wash machine:
Pool supply stores, flexible PVC pipe. Can be "glued" with connectors and straight pipe.

For dryers:

8A in Santiago.
Don't use the lined A/C air duct stuff... rodents like to eat the lining!
Just go for the aluminum flexible material.
Dryer outlet pipes should be held a short as possible. If the outlet is upwards (thru the roof)... try to build a siphon service box, so lint which comes back down doesn't get stuck at the machine (causing fire hazard or poor drying) but falls back into a box which can be emptied periodically (easy access).
There are PVC bows available... they are recommended, even with the flexible aluminum pipe material, as the uneven surface causes turbulence which can have some "funny" effects. The plastic 90deg. bows are of a flat surface.

... J-D.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
what a nice man ! Im going searching with hose in hand , so maybe I will come up with something

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
mission accomplished on the 15th attempt , the good news is it has improved my Spanish lol.

For anyone interested the only place I found the correct sized pipe(freddy had two none of which fitted- you would think he would have various ones ) was the ferreteria just before sosua abajo which sells the wood on the left hand corner.

It seems this is the new hip place to be as it was cram packed with people all shouting lol

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Mision cumplida

Good to heard that you have problem solved...
Same happens to me any time I have to go to "Home depot" I improve my English.
It's a hard time but finally I learn a lot of words, I remember last week the the guy who attend the plumbing area looked at me like if I was a rear animal try to explain him what I was looking for.

JJ

Last edited:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I remember last week the the guy who attend the plumbing area looked at me like if I was a rear animal try to explain him what I was looking for.

maybe he was Polish lol

Status
Not open for further replies.