Pueblo Bavaro vs. Residencial Bavaro-Punta Cana

Angelfobia

May 5, 2010
Which of these areas would you recommend for living? Which one is safer and more quiet? What are the main differences between these two residential areas?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Welcome Angelfobia. I moved your question to the East Coast forum.

Both complexes are semi-completed with a fair amount of empty lots and buildings under construction. There are nice houses and buildings in both, but given the choice I would choose Pueblo B?varo because it has a couple of small shopping centres including mini-markets. I don't think there is much of a difference when it comes to security - local papers have reported a spate of burglaries in both. How quiet it is would depend on the neighbours in a particular building.

Angelfobia

May 5, 2010
Thank you Chiri for your reply.

How bad is the situation with these "spate of burglaries". Is there a reason to worry or avoid these areas?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are safer options on the east coast, yes. All I have to go on is a piece in B?varo News a few weeks ago reporting a series of burglaries in both complexes.

If you're in the area now, it's best to ask as many residents as possible what the situation is, whether security has been stepped up, etc. If I hear anything I'll post it here.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and at both residencies you would be very secluded. they are huge, you have nothing nearby, i know several people living in both residences, but theer's not much going on inside, you def need a car to come around, or you will be imprisioned at your place.
Mike

Angelfobia

May 5, 2010
Thank you both for your replies.

I do have a car, so getting around should not be a problem.

I know that neiter areas is very centric, but I need a cheap apartment close to the airport... and so far these have been the 2 places that I've been recommended. Now it is just about finding out which one suits me better, but I think the apartment itself might have a lot to do with that decision at the end.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
near to the airport is relative. from pueblo bavaro you need a good 15 minutes to the airport one way in a car, the whole El Cortecito/Bavaro area with countless appartments for all rates is also just a 20 minutes drive from the airport, Cabeza de Toro where i live myself right on the beach is also just a 15 minutes drive, so 'near the airport' doesn't matter when choosing the appartment.
Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If safety and silence are priorities and you don't mind paying a bit more, try Punta Cana Village which is right next to the airport - there are lots of apartments for rent and you can usually get a good deal.

Angelfobia

May 5, 2010
Thanks!!!

Many thanks to both. This information was very helpful. I will definitely expand my search and include the areas you've mentioned.