Dominicans on Long Island, NY

kiefmif

May 6, 2010
There are a lot of dominicans on long island. Most of them are in Brentwood and Bayshore on the southside. But these areas have a lot of crime. Another area with average crime is Port Jefferson on the northside, its 20 percent hispanic almost all dominican, 10 percent black, 70 percent white.
Its a great place to live and cheap with a downtown area. If you want more information post here. Si quieres mas informacion puede escribir atras

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What about Freeport? South shore. Lots of good Dominican restaurants there too. And another good one in Uniondale.

AE

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
We (dominicans) have the white ppl in long island runnin' 4 the hills (northwest suffolk) lol... I want an I luv Brentwood sticker now...lol East Islip is a good alternative best school system and close to the Dominican areas...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
There are a lot of dominicans on long island. Most of them are in Brentwood and Bayshore on the southside. But these areas have a lot of crime. Another area with average crime is Port Jefferson on the northside, its 20 percent hispanic almost all dominican, 10 percent black, 70 percent white.
Its a great place to live and cheap with a downtown area. If you want more information post here. Si quieres mas informacion puede escribir atras

Port Jeff is cheap? How do you define cheap? :)

solamentetu

Oct 21, 2004
any Dominican areas in Queesn or valley Stream( besides Citiline Fulton street)?

There is a very large Dominican population throughout much of northern Queens. Whitestone and Bayside are very white/Asian neighborhoods, but have a considerable number of Dominicans. For a more concentrated population, I'd have to recommend Corona, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, and parts of Flushing. Forest Hills is also seeing a stream of Dominicans enter due to the South American and Mexican takeover of Corona.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There is a very large Dominican population throughout much of northern Queens. Whitestone and Bayside are very white/Asian neighborhoods, but have a considerable number of Dominicans. For a more concentrated population, I'd have to recommend Corona, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, and parts of Flushing. Forest Hills is also seeing a stream of Dominicans enter due to the South American and Mexican takeover of Corona.

I'll second this - I lived in Jackson Heights for a few years and there were a lot of Dominicans there, in Woodside, Elmhurst and bunches in Corona [but I also have heard that's changing].

AE

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Dominicans are every where in Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx and of course Manhattan. There are very few places in the NYC area where we do not have a strong Dominican presense. I lived in Corona from 75-90 and in Uniondale/Baldwin/Massapequa Park from 90-present. Lots of Dominicans in Uniondale, a good dominican resturant in the corner of Uniondale Av and Front St. A few good ones in Hempstead, Main St. In Freeport you have a very good one in Lombardi and Merrick.
dominican restaurants in long island - Google Search

BTW - my father passed away yesterday. we will be burying him in the 'cementerio en la maximo gomez' this coming Saturday. I saw the Sunday's Meson de la Cava buffet ad, is this any good. can we go there as group?

kiefmif

May 6, 2010
Yes basically all of queens has a lot of domis and Nassau also but Suffolk is loaded with Dominicans everywhere.