Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana

VANITKA1

Sep 18, 2009
Hi everybody,

I am looking for a help - I would like to book Occidental Grand Flamenco Hotel in Punta Cana but some reviews on Tripadvisor are not really very good for this hotel. Therefore I have some questions to ask:
1. is it nice resort? is the hotel area large or is it everything walking distance - my mom is older and I am not looking for huge resort as Bavaro Princess, where some rooms are 10 minutes walking from beach.

2. Is the entrance into Mangu free for Occidental guests and is Mangu good and full disco every night?

3. rooms - are they OK? which building is the best - close to pool / beach / main buffet restaurant?

4. how is the walking distance on the beach from Occidental to Caribe Club Princess?

Thanks for replies ASAP

Vanitka

summertime101

Nov 12, 2008
1. is it nice resort? is the hotel area large or is it everything walking distance - my mom is older and I am not looking for huge resort as Bavaro Princess, where some rooms are 10 minutes walking from beach.

2. Is the entrance into Mangu free for Occidental guests and is Mangu good and full disco every night?

3. rooms - are they OK? which building is the best - close to pool / beach / main buffet restaurant?

4. how is the walking distance on the beach from Occidental to Caribe Club Princess?

Thanks for replies ASAP

Vanitka

1. I stayed there in '09. Hotel is fine! Just as nice as any other 3.5-4 star hotel in Punta Cana. Not overly big, and can walk from Lobby to Beach in 5 minutes. That is good in Punta Cana.
2. Mangu is free for Occidental Guests. Generally busy every night after 11:00pm. (during winter months of course)
3. Rooms are fine too. I didn't feel like their was any super-ideal location. I could've stayed in any building due to smaller size of property.

Add'l. Food was good. Buffet little bit boring after 3 nights or so.....same food.

All in all, I would go back to this hotel.

VANITKA1

Sep 18, 2009
Hi does anybody know the contact (e-mail) to this hotel - general e-mail or to front office?