Business Idea...Fake Tan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuba Bob

May 9, 2010
I just got back from my 5th trip to Sosua, where I have decided to retire. While there, I noted the large numbers of pale Germans who looked so stark next to their local gal pals. No doubt, this is due to their normally late hour to awaken, thus leaving them little time to hit the beach. To remedy this odd contrast, would a tanning bed operation be viable in Sosua? It could in fact be placed next to one of the many Beer Stubes to lessen the chance of falling down.

What do you think?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Good for cancer.

I understand the FDA is reviewing some kind of drug that will give you a permanent tan I believe. You could be DR's first importer. :)

E

engineerfg

You seem to forget that those fat ulgy gringo's who lack a tan aren't too concerned about their looks and somehow keep scoring hot local birds. hmm...?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Sosua is not the Jersey Shore.

Those pale Germans don't care about tans, and they do not subscribe to the "GTL"* lifestyle.

*(Gym-Tan-Laundry)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I was thinking more along the spray tan idea than sunbeds - who would volunteer to spray bottoms all day though

2ndVida

Feb 2, 2010
Great ideas

Does this fit up there with opening a bar next to an ALL Inclusive Resort?:ermm:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
My daughter nagged me 24/7 to help finance a tanning bed operation in Phoenix Arizona of all places. She is now doing quite well and has purchased a van and set it up with the
"home delivery to their door spray tanning". If she can make a good living with this idea in a city where it often hits 117 degrees F, you can do it anywhere. If you want to set something up, pm me for I now have firsthand knowledge on this topic.
Don't let negative posts deter you. I would bet the older generation male in Sosua would love to look as good as they can be for their nightlife. And you can always contract to the many resorts there for their clients.
Many people love the tan, but hate the sun.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
You seem to forget that those fat ulgy gringo's who lack a tan aren't too concerned about their looks and somehow keep scoring hot local birds. hmm...?

Do you really think they score the hot local birds with their looks?
If they didn't have the color of money and the price of a dinner and drink,
I wonder if they would keep scoring. If the hot local birds had money, they would be scoring with the local hot sanky pankys. IMO

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I'm not german myself, but it's interessting to notice, that on this board, you can write almost everything about germans in the DR, even moderators chimes in.
On the other hand, try to write anything negative about Haitians in the DR.....

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I just got back from my 5th trip to Sosua, where I have decided to retire. While there, I noted the large numbers of pale Germans who looked so stark next to their local gal pals. No doubt, this is due to their normally late hour to awaken, thus leaving them little time to hit the beach. To remedy this odd contrast, would a tanning bed operation be viable in Sosua? It could in fact be placed next to one of the many Beer Stubes to lessen the chance of falling down.

What do you think?

Yeah, great idea, and place it between your ski gear shop and type writer store.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
there are plenty of fake tanning places in such places as Australia and LA so its not such a mad idea

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
there are plenty of fake tanning places in such places as Australia and LA so its not such a mad idea

Well Pedro Clisante is not the Gold coast nor the Bel air. I bet a fake tanning there would have less then ten clients a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.