Best Fish 'n' Chips in Sosua

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
After the suffering of seeing Chelsea win the Premiership yesterday, we strolled to Sosua Beach and found ourselves at "The British Bulldog" Bar among fellow Brits. After drowning our sorrows we plumped for the Fish & Chips that were truly scrumptious! (Tartare sauce as well!)
Thanks to Charlie and Vanessa and the rest of you guys for a great afternoon!
We'll definitely be back!

J&T

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I believe Charlie & his family are avid Chelsea fans and it wasn't just a win it was an 8-nil drubbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the fish & chips, I have heard they are something special and will get down there to try them soon, maybe next sunday after Chelsea win the FA Cup to clinch the double!!!

Thanks for the post J&T's, it gave me the opportunity to gloat! LOL

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What's the location of the bar, what part of the beach?

Been a Chelsea supporter since my dad brought me a #7 (Peter Osgood) shirt 30+ years ago.

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
I saw an ad the other day, I think it said it was #30. About half way to the middle entrance to the beach.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I know a bit about eating fish 'n' chips and they are good at this place.
Nice hosts too.....
Plus a good English breakfast with baked beans and decent bacon and sausages. All at lunch time on Sunday.
Excellent whilst watching the parade.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
I know a bit about eating fish 'n' chips and they are good at this place.
Nice hosts too.....
Plus a good English breakfast with baked beans and decent bacon and sausages. All at lunch time on Sunday.
Excellent whilst watching the parade.

I don't believe you know sh#t about fish and chips. You're probably eating sea bass from Chile, but hey, if that floats your boat.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I don't believe you know sh#t about fish and chips. You're probably eating sea bass from Chile, but hey, if that floats your boat.

Chillean Sea Bass is one of the finest fish you can eat.

I have to agree that cod or haddock make a good fried fish with beer batter but the secret is in the tartar sauce which I make with finely chopped onion, garlic and capers add mayo a dash of wochestshire sause a splash of lemon juice and a a pinch of cayenne pepper.

But you have to have homemade chips!

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Chillean Sea Bass is one of the finest fish you can eat.

I have to agree that cod or haddock make a good fried fish with beer batter but the secret is in the tartar sauce which I make with finely chopped onion, garlic and capers add mayo a dash of wochestshire sause a splash of lemon juice and a a pinch of cayenne pepper.

But you have to have homemade chips!

My point is that the fish has to be cod, halibut or snapper, not a bland fish like sea bass.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
My point is that the fish has to be cod, halibut or snapper, not a bland fish like sea bass.

I agree with all of those choices for fried fish and I also agree that some species of sea bass are bland which is why you you need to be creative when selecting recipes.

copper

Feb 15, 2009
If you want to eat Cod etc then eat when back in England the fish and chips at the British Bulldog is very good and the batter is the best i Sosua.Charlie and Vanessa are a gret couple and work hard they make you feel very welcolm

VOHARE1

May 17, 2010
Hiya,
nice to know we have created such interest!
We are located at no.38.Its official.You've heard it from the horses mouth.
All publicity is good publicity!
p.s/,i'm the sane one of the familly,the mighty reds for me.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Hiya,
nice to know we have created such interest!
We are located at no.38.Its official.You've heard it from the horses mouth.
All publicity is good publicity!
p.s/,i'm the sane one of the familly,the mighty reds for me.

Would that be the "mighty reds" that finished in 2nd place or 7th place? LOL

Seriously though, you guys deserve success with the Bulldog for the effort you have put in. I should try and get to the beach more often!!!!