Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: need sum help

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default need sum help

hey everyone...well here goes my story..about 6 month ago i met this nice 26 year old dominican online on tagged. somehow it happened that we started talking...first on tagged, then on yahoo...phone, web cam..well the classic story. he invited me to the dominican. so i went there to visit him in santiago. i stayed there for 2 weeks with his family in their house. everything was cool, family was friendly. he speaks pretty perfect english cause he has a visa for the united states because he plays baseball in the independent league there.thats why i never really thought of him using me because he is living most of the time in the us. i went ther in the end of february. he was kind of broke but it didnt really bother me. because i knew he was going to play again soon. what he really does again. he is back in texas and the season starts end of may. but he is asking me from time to time for money. and im honest,,,i did send it so far. all together it was about 1500$$. he calls me every day, messages me everything. but im just not sure if he likes me or my money....i really need advise, cuase sumhow i think im just another stupid ass victim like most ppl on here. im waiting for respond....Carolina

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

despite the 500 responses you're going to get the only way to know is to cut off the money and see what happens.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its true love, keep sending him as much money as he wants. He is sure to buy you a large house after he strikes it big.

Another sock puppet, post generating thread.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

if i was dating ANYONE from ANY country and they asked me for money within the first 6 months of the relationship i would end that sooooooooo fast. asking for $5 is one thing - but having given him a total of $1500... yiiiikes.

Post Thanks / Like

My advice is the same as above, cut off the money supply and see how much he cares.

Where did you send the money? The DR I presume and I see you are posting from Europe which means you have no way of knowing if his story about playing baseball in the US is true or not.

What's the name of this independent league in Texas? I'm sure one of our many members on DR1 can confirm if it's for real. My hunch is that he is a player alright but not in baseball and no such league will exist.

Good luck

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Doing a little research, if he's paying in the NBA Development League which has three teams in Texas, the teams pay their players $12,000, $18,000 or $24,000 a season. That's McDonald's wages (or working McDonald's for the day shift and at Wal-Mart on the night shift).

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=7239948

Might be best to write off the $1500 as the cost of your "hotel" during your DR vacation, and for some education and experience. Good luck.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by el forastero View Post
    Doing a little research, if he's paying in the NBA Development League which has three teams in Texas, the teams pay their players $12,000, $18,000 or $24,000 a season. That's McDonald's wages (or working McDonald's for the day shift and at Wal-Mart on the night shift).

Almost-NBA Players Take Home Paltry Salaries : NPR

Might be best to write off the $1500 as the cost of your "hotel" during your DR vacation, and for some education and experience. Good luck.
    This is a basketball league not baseball. NBA stands for the National Basketball Association.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sankie-League Player

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina181 View Post
    he invited me to the dominican.
    Who is he?

_visit him in santiago. i stayed there for 2 weeks with his family in their house.
    Second mistake.

i think im just another stupid ass victim like most ppl on here
    Self-knowledge is the first step towards self-improvement.

donP

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm better looking and a lot cheaper.
    send me a PM and I'll send you the bank transfer numbers.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Im kind of broke myself - any chance of sending me some money too- 1500 dollars should have gone a long way here

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast