Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default moving to sosua....

I have bought a place in Sosua, I was wondering what I should bring and what I should get there, I would buy furniture and the larger things there, and bring smaller items. I'm looking for a scooter or maybe a couple bicycles with baskets. What practical advice do you have. If you ask questions I will answer them to further my information request. Thanks for your time.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt510 View Post
    I have bought a place in Sosua, I was wondering what I should bring and what I should get there, I would buy furniture and the larger things there, and bring smaller items. I'm looking for a scooter or maybe a couple bicycles with baskets. What practical advice do you have. If you ask questions I will answer them to further my information request. Thanks for your time.
    You could also try using the search button on this site so you can do some research and get aquainted with your new destination of choice.

There is so much info stored on this site it will truly expedite your questions and answers

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This was one of the most recent threads on the subject:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/102...preguntas.html

just scroll down a little... the thread develops quite a bit, maybe into what you are looking for.

... J-D.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

that was not a sarcastic comment by the way .Tea bags are very expensive here and shoes are mostly not of good quality - a bit too quick off the mark there

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

tea bags, tin opener, good knife, garlic crusher, good quality clothes, lap top

Everything else you can get here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I second the shoe advice, I donīt know why but they donīt last 5 minutes here and they are not cheap if you want good brands.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps if you tell us where you are coming from then your fellow countrymen/women can tell you what they can't get here and miss the most!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd bring a travel safe like this one next time:

Portable Security Safe

$20 and you can keep the small valuable stuff in there.

Surge protector strips-- and perhaps an external hard drive to back up your computer in case it gets fried.

Be sure to scan a copy of your passport and email it to yourself.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have a home in North Carolina, and my girl friend lives there. I have lived in Canada and England, now I live and work in the Middle East, sometimes other places. So far I'm planning on bringing down this trip towels ,silverware, a crock pot, some smaller kitchen items like the garlic press, blow dryer and curling iron, (there for my girl friend). My plan is to buy furniture there as well as transportation, like bikes or a scooter. I will be traveling back and forth due to my work so i will have the opportunity to bring in stuff with each trip. What about bringing in liquor, I haven't found my brand of single malt there yet. I am looking forward to making the move, we have already met friends down there and I'm sure will meet many more. I appreciate all the help and information. cheers Mike

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have scanned my passports, medical ,dental and shot records. I have e-mailed them to myself and have them on a thumb drive. I also carry laminated copies of the important documents hidden in my duffel's. The security box is a good idea, I thought about getting one there, or would it be better to bring it down. I would like a way to anchor it to the floor in a closet or something. Let me know what you think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast