OJ maker

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Does anybody know where I can find an OJ maker of the type that you cut the orange in half and put it in and pull a lever down to squeeze it?

Thanks

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Does anybody know where I can find an OJ maker of the type that you cut the orange in half and put it in and pull a lever down to squeeze it?

Thanks

I thought I saw them sold EVERYWHERE not too long ago. Now I don't see them, maybe because I'd look away if I'd spot them. Those the lever does not break off, the gear rips... I tried 3... all short lived experience which ended with them being tossed in the garbage bin.

... J-D.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Chip,
I have one of these & it'll last forever, I think.
Bought it online from the U.S.
Expensive, but if you amortize it over 30 yrs, it's not so bad.

Hamilton Beach Juicer Model 932 - Juicer World - Fresh Florida Oranges, Juicers, Squeezers - Restaurant Equipment World

squeezer.jpg

Aug 21, 2007
I also have one like CFA123 pictured above. Bought it in the U.S., where they are sold at high end kitchen supply stores like Williams Sonoma. Very expensive. I purchased mine at a restaurant supply store, it was quite a bit cheaper, but still an investment. These things are worth the money. They are built like Mac Trucks and will last a lifetime and beyond.

When I'm in the DR, I have fresh squeezed juice every day. Doesn't get better than that!

Lindsey

May 29, 2006
I'd try IKEA.

I actually brought the heavy lever type from the US on my last trip. Definitely worth getting when juice oranges are just a couple pesos each. The good ones aren't cheap($75+) but they are almost indestructible. It's about 8-12 oranges per glass.