Mobil Digagnostic Ultrasonido Imaging in the D.R.

meece1983

May 13, 2010
Hi!, my name is Pat, I live in Los Angeles, California

I'm married to a Citizen of Dominicana, speak a little Spanish and have decided to relocate to the D.R.

I have a United States University Degree in Digagnostic Ultrasound Imaging (Ultrasonido).

I am considering starting a business in Dominacana by bringing a portable ultrasound machine, Sonoscape model #A6 to the D.R. and providing a Mobile Ultrasound Examination Service for Doctor Offices & Clinics.

What do you think?
All suggestions and oppinions are most appriciated.

Una tarjeta de presentaci?n posible

Experiencia en Ultra-Sonografia. Saude Reprodutiva, Neonatolog?a, Medicina Fetal, Transvaginal Obstetricia e Ginecologia, Adolescencia,
Abdomen, Peque?as Partes, Urolog?a, Pr?stata, Test?culo, Mamas / Malignas da Mama / M?sculo Esquel?tico, Epidemiologia dos Benignas Tumores, Patologias.

Hi!, my name is Pat, I live in Los Angeles, California

I'm married to a Citizen of Dominicana, speak a little Spanish and have decided to relocate to the D.R.

I have a United States University Degree in Digagnostic Ultrasound Imaging (Ultrasonido).

I am considering starting a business in Dominacana by bringing a portable ultrasound machine, Sonoscape model #A6 to the D.R. and providing a Mobile Ultrasound Examination Service for Doctor Offices & Clinics.

What do you think?
All suggestions and oppinions are most appriciated.

Una tarjeta de presentaci?n posible

Experiencia en Ultra-Sonografia. Saude Reprodutiva, Neonatolog?a, Medicina Fetal, Transvaginal Obstetricia e Ginecologia, Adolescencia,
Abdomen, Peque?as Partes, Urolog?a, Pr?stata, Test?culo, Mamas / Malignas da Mama / M?sculo Esquel?tico, Epidemiologia dos Benignas Tumores, Patologias

El Forastero/Silver

Thank you for your kind words and your informative response.

If the opportunity presents itself and you should one day obtain email contact information for this M.D.
I would be ever so greatfull if you would pass it along to me.

my email address is pat-courtney@sbcglobal.net
all the best

Last edited by a moderator:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hmmm...don't expect to make much money. Most clinics already have similar equipment. Ultrasounds are pretty cheap in The DR compared to The US. You'd have to offer something different IMO...

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Is there a gap in the market for mobile ultrasound? Who would constitute your referral base? Have you established contact with physicians who would require these services...and most importantly, do you have a reputable radiologist who will be reading/diagnosing the studies you perform?

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
Which country do you speak of, Dominica or the Dominican Republic?

Citizen of the Dominican Republic
Citizen of Dominica

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
So much for answering the man's questions.

A good information source may be to contact the Sociedad Dominicana de Sonografia - the current president is Dra Miguelina Albert F., and her e-mail address is "d.sono@gmail.com "

There is a very good sonografista who works at Clinica Abreu and other big private clinics, but not sure I remember his name correctly - I think it is Dr Antonio Benitez. (those who know, please chime in now)

Dr Benitez (if this is his name) was very good, and would probably be more than willing to give you advice if he ever has free time to talk. When he has office hours, he probably sees 40 or 50 patients a day, and it's not that cheap (but probably a lot cheaper than the US).

My only complaint in seeing him was that patients are first come, first served, and no appointments, which generally means either getting there at 6:30am for the 8:00 am opening, or else sitting around waiting for a few hours in a small crowded waiting room or in the hallway. He's the only Doctor in the DR I ever waited to see.

There are many of these machines in the DR, but not all in the DR probably really know what they are doing, jajaja.