Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Working Ban Saturday thru Monday 12pm

Hey all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any more precise details about this which was blazened across the front of DL this morning.

Taken word for word as the newspaper says, absolutely nobody is allowed to work barring public service.

En su artículo dos, la disposición presidencial exceptúa su aplicación a las entidades de servicios públicos (hospitales, bomberos, transportes, guardianes privados y otros similares), las cuales deberán realizar sus labores de forma habitual.
    Does this really mean that everything will be closed?

Just needing to know if I need to get to the super, the video store and send the wife to the salon today, otherwise would we wait til monday afternoon? Also will we not be able to eat out for lunch? go shopping etc?

Clarification from those in the know appreciated.

Steve

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think everything will be closed, it's just so EVERYBODY can take time to GO and vote and not be held back by employers.
    I would have wished the executive order would have included a drinking and arms bearing ban in the same article too.

... J-D.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I was aware there is a drinking ban starting tonight at midnight?....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the ban goes in effect at 6 am Saturday thru 6 pm Sunday. You can drink, the colmados can not sell.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

They still have bans on selling alcohol in some areas in the US on election days, not to mention dry counties...

Post Thanks / Like

You can work--we are taking advantage of the general stoppage to do some electrical work at a factory--you are just not OBLIGED to work, it is a holiday!

Except for certain services, of course, as named inthenews...

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

All my friends back in the DR are already planning of going to Resorts, wait for the sun to come out drinking, hit the beaches or small towns. Holy week all over again. I love my country!! About the drinking curfew, that doesn't matter, literally every Dominican has already stocked up on alcohol to pre-hurricane levels so no biggie . Liquor Stores loved this announcement.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

When I read this I assumed that the local clubs will be closed from 6 am Saturday to 6pm Sunday with the exception of those in tourism defined areas.

Any idea if this is correct?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hotels are able to sell to guests, but not general public. That is what a friend who owns a small hotel/bar in Maimon told me.

Also, if you have production that runs 24/7 you are exempt, you just have to pay overtime. We are business as normal.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

that does not make sense to me at all.

As I understand it - for example Playa Dorada hotels will be open as will the clubs for tourists.

Clubs in POP will be closed.

That is the question and the same applies for Santo Domingo etc etc

Anyone know???

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast